Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 7:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heyall.
RE: Heyall.
(September 29, 2016 at 1:57 pm)Tangra Wrote:
Loving your sig.

Not to go to dive into it right away, but the mind is a powerful thing. I think the terminology we use for ideas in English (and most modern day languages) is insufficient. They give a sort of ethereal quality to the processes in the mind - which are in fact the only thing that is "real" for that person. What do you think?

Woops misattributed the compliment. Meant it for Mlmooney

I agree the mind is extremely powerful. It blows me away that what we see with our own eyes isn't always real (ie mirage or illusion) and it is all because of our mind's interpretation of what we are seeing. I don't know if I would say it's insufficient because I see the science behind the way we work as a solid thing and how we see reality isn't the real reality always. I like how you said it is the only 'real' thing for each specific person though because in the end that is true. I always wondered growing up if we all see colors differently but we learn to label them all the same by their name therefore assuming we all see the same but what if my blue is your green? As I grew older I thought about people that get other people's eyes and can see out of them. Is it the brain that does the coloring so they would still see their own colors or does it prove we all see the same? Then there are people that are colorblind that obviously see differently. My step dad couldn't tell the difference between black, brown, dark red or other darks and blue and green were the same to him so does that prove we all see the same with the exception of the colorblind or is their view of colors just blended to make the change noticeable? Sorry I'm long winded.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."

Messages In This Thread
Heyall. - by Tangra - September 29, 2016 at 1:54 pm
RE: Heyall. - by Excited Penguin - September 29, 2016 at 1:55 pm
RE: Heyall. - by mlmooney89 - September 29, 2016 at 1:56 pm
RE: Heyall. - by Tangra - September 29, 2016 at 1:57 pm
RE: Heyall. - by mlmooney89 - September 29, 2016 at 4:17 pm
RE: Heyall. - by Tangra - September 29, 2016 at 4:48 pm
RE: Heyall. - by Edwardo Piet - September 29, 2016 at 2:13 pm
RE: Heyall. - by Tangra - September 29, 2016 at 3:55 pm
RE: Heyall. - by Edwardo Piet - September 29, 2016 at 2:15 pm
RE: Heyall. - by robvalue - September 29, 2016 at 2:17 pm
RE: Heyall. - by RozKek - September 29, 2016 at 2:37 pm