Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 8:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
RE: A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
(October 20, 2016 at 2:01 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Also I'm not sure if you are aware but we don't make money via ads anymore. We rely solely on donations so the site is technically losing money. We haven't ever been in the black so to speak.

I think that there is an even bigger point to be made here but I think Tibs is to much of a gentleman to say it so I will.  Tibs (and by marriage Shell) is loosing money here and yet continues the forum. And yet continues to put up with shit and keep the majority relatively happy/content. Goes to the trouble of having it run by committee and not dictatorship. His motives aside, I find his actions exceedingly commendable. Quite frankly Tibs, you're a much better man than I am. I'd have pulled the plug on the site or people (banned) a long time ago and with little hesitation.

Don't you bitchers know how good you have it here? If not, try elsewhere. I don't think you'll find anything comparable. Or set up your own site, something which I am incapable of and not willing to do. My guess is that the bitchers are not either.  

And I'm not saying don't bitch, but for gods sake (there I go) keep it within reason.

One last thing, if you're not donating, as far as I'm concerned, you should be thrilled that the forum exists at all.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences" - by brewer - October 20, 2016 at 2:39 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Quick Update Tiberius 4 1882 January 22, 2019 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious