Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 9:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
RE: A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
(November 7, 2016 at 7:28 pm)Whateverist Wrote: I'd really like to ask MrsRich some questions about her own religious experience. I have no idea if she is actually using her account of if Drich is doing the answering. But if it is the missus, I'd be curious to know:

1) Is religion/church as important to you as it is the hubby?

2) Drich describes converting from atheism as an adult. Did you make such a conversion or have you always been a believer?

3) Are you also big on proselytizing in RL, and are you both members of the same church?

1. Religion/church is probably more important to me than it is to Drich. By that, I mean that the actual politics of church and religion mean way more to me than it probably should but Drich is just very passionate with what the Bible reads and his relationship with God. He hardly goes to church with me anymore and he has the same kind of debates with the christians at church as he does with you all. He does his own studies and I believe at this time, he feels his time is better suited talking to y'all on here.
PS.. I tried to keep my Southern-ness in check but I can no longer contain it. You will hear more "y'alls" and fixin' to's".

2. I was born and raised in the church. My family went to church 3 times a week no matter what. I started gradually going less when I was 16 and quit going all together by the time I was 18 or 19. I'm not sure what all Drich has shared about me but I had quite a long period of debauchery, like big time. I was a believer throughout all of this, I just either didn't care or figured I'd straighten up later and hopefully be forgiven. I went back to church around 25 or 26 and met Drich. It still took me a while to stop the debauchery and I'm still, to this day, working on a true understanding of the Bible and my relationship with God. I think sometimes it is better the way Drich came to his understanding of God, on his own doing his own studies of the Bible and applying that to his life and his experiences. I grew up being taught what I was taught in church. Now I question some of that and have to take the good from that and the good from what Drich says and forget the questionable things from the church and the questionable things of what Drich says and figure things out on my own. I do still go to church every Sunday (but not 3 times a week)

3. I do not proselytize at all because I don't feel like I am a good example and am still trying to find my own way. I would certainly help anyone in anyway that I can but I just don't initiate conversations like that (also in part because I'm pretty shy and timid). Instead I would rather work in our pantry feeding homeless people.

We met in the church I grew up in and still attend today. We tried a few different churches in between but I just didn't feel comfortable with any of the other churches. We are both technically members of the same church but he really doesn't go anymore.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences" - by MrsTRich - November 7, 2016 at 9:04 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Quick Update Tiberius 4 1884 January 22, 2019 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious