Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spoiled Rotten
RE: Spoiled Rotten
I am not a parent and no idea about parenting, but from how I was raised I cannot really advocate for chores or punishment. My parents never ever hit me, and I hardly remember them ever scolding me. I was never taught to fear my parents, and maybe that's why I love and respect them very much. And this respect is what makes me want to follow their wishes, to see them be happy because it makes me feel the same way.

Since I was very young, my parents had taught me that as humans we have to make choices and take decisions and they'll do their best to guide me but being humans they might be wrong, and so at the end of it I'd have decide for myself what is right for me even if the decision is different from theirs. I was and still am free to decide things for myself, and those decisions are my responsibility. This freedom to make mistakes and learn with their guidance meant I never felt the need to rebel against them.

My parents never scolded me or gave me lies when I asked the difficult questions growing up, and so I always can talk to them openly about anything that's on my mind, I've never had to hide things from them.

As for buying nice things, we were never rich, each month was always on a tight budget, but I don't think there has ever been something that I wanted and my parents didn't find a way to get for me. But did I grow up to be a spoilt child? I think not, in fact when I realized how much trouble my demands would cause my parents, I started saving up, earning from odd jobs, and now I am quite capable of not only taking care of my own needs, but I can look after them too.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Messages In This Thread
Spoiled Rotten - by Loading Please Wait - December 22, 2016 at 8:44 pm
RE: Spoiled Rotten - by Little lunch - December 22, 2016 at 10:08 pm
RE: Spoiled Rotten - by Tonus - December 22, 2016 at 10:40 pm
RE: Spoiled Rotten - by Jesster - December 22, 2016 at 10:51 pm
RE: Spoiled Rotten - by Aoi Magi - December 22, 2016 at 10:56 pm
RE: Spoiled Rotten - by Fireball - December 22, 2016 at 11:10 pm
RE: Spoiled Rotten - by Chad32 - December 22, 2016 at 11:31 pm
RE: Spoiled Rotten - by Seraphina - December 23, 2016 at 12:10 am
RE: Spoiled Rotten - by bennyboy - December 23, 2016 at 3:22 am
RE: Spoiled Rotten - by Seraphina - December 23, 2016 at 12:18 pm
RE: Spoiled Rotten - by vorlon13 - December 23, 2016 at 12:14 am