Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 5:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A good argument for God's existence (long but worth it)
RE: A good argument for God's existence (long but worth it)
(September 1, 2017 at 6:05 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(September 1, 2017 at 5:37 pm)Alex K Wrote: Sorry MK, you've used up all your "long but worth it" credits. Show me a good argument in three terse paragraphs and I'll read it. If you need half a book, it's a sure sign it's bullshit.

The witness argument was the best argument by far.   It's very simple that we require an objective judging perception to define us and our perception is not that, nor do we make ourselves inherit our actions.

That's it. The perpetual identity was good. The signs of value in ourselves was long but good too. This is good too.

The moral argument is sound. The paradox of any possible Creator being unable to create goodness from nothing hence proving it's eternal is good too.

You guys have been hit with so many good arguments, rather sad, you guys insisted on accepting arguments and evidence to believe in God and only on that condition, but when shown it, you turn aside from them and don't properly digest them.

Mystic, we PROMISE, well maybe not Trump, but we here PROMISE we wont advocate sticking you in Guantanamo Bay Cuba. WE PROMISE. 

When you say, "witness accounts are the best arguments"

Jews say the same thing. Christians say the same thing. Hindus say the same thing and so do Buddhists. The problem is humans perceptions of reality are notoriously flawed. Most humans get sold the religion of their parents at birth long before they can develop critical thinking skills. There are very slick apologists as adults whom sell every religion you can think of, but the problem remains, no matter how elaborate the argument, it is still an attempt to prop up the ignorance of antiquity. 

Same with "properly digest"........

A Christian would argue you haven't "properly digested" the bible that is why you cant understand why you should believe Jesus. We are being fair to you and to Christians and to Jews and to Hindus and to Buddhists. If anyone of any label had evidence that that one label were the only correct answer, they'd win a Nobel Prize and own a patent. 

We are not being mean to you by saying "So what?". There are 7 billion humans with 10s of thousand of religions and countless god claims. 

"You are not reading it correctly" is even argued between Sunnis and Shiites. "You are not reading it correctly" is argued by both Trump voting Evangelicals and Obama voting Baptists over the bible.

A Japanese Shinto Buddhist is not going to view Buddha the same way a Tibet Buddhist will and a Chinese Buddhist either. 

All you are arguing is the same thing most humans argue, "Why don't you believe me" and "If you would just do it my way".

Our species morality does not come from a religion, a old book of mythology or a holy person. Our species morality is in us, the individual. I don't need your Koran anymore than you feel the need for a bible or the Hindu Vedas.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A good argument for God's existence (long but worth it) - by Brian37 - September 1, 2017 at 8:25 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proving the Existence of a First Cause Muhammad Rizvi 3 770 June 23, 2023 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The existence of God smithd 314 19967 November 23, 2022 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Veridican Argument for the Existence of God The Veridican 14 1727 January 16, 2022 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  A 'proof' of God's existence - free will mrj 54 6314 August 9, 2020 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Sal
  Best arguments for or against God's existence mcc1789 22 2815 May 22, 2019 at 9:16 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Argument Against God's Existence From God's Imperfect Choice Edwardo Piet 53 8066 June 4, 2018 at 2:06 pm
  The Objective Moral Values Argument AGAINST The Existence Of God Edwardo Piet 58 13853 May 2, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Why the vision argument is a very good one! Mystic 72 7765 April 22, 2018 at 12:11 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Berkeley's argument for the existence of God FlatAssembler 130 13270 April 1, 2018 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Can somebody give me a good argument in favor of objective morality? Aegon 19 4450 March 14, 2018 at 6:42 pm