Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A good argument for God's existence (long but worth it)
RE: A good argument for God's existence (long but worth it)
(September 4, 2017 at 3:41 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(September 3, 2017 at 2:23 pm)Hammy Wrote: He's wrong. It's 2017. Get with the freaking program, Islam.

It's not Islam: it's Wahhabism.
Some pretty big names in science belonged to Muslims through the ages.

Brian37 Wrote:Atlass, in my non existent "utopia" that I am not insane to consider a possibility, religion would not exist at all. But that is not the reality our world's population of 7 billion lives in.

Yes, you have your science denying fuckface idiots and violent idiots, but so do Christians and Jews. Religion isn't going away. Islam didn't invent delusional people, neither did Christians or Jews, it is our species that values and protects what is local even when that value of that claim is wrong, or cruel. 

The best the world can do, is sure, weed out those who deny science, or promote violence justified by religion. 

If Christians and Muslims and Jews want to prove to me they are for peace, they can, I wish they would. But "peace" to most in the world is "peace" where the other is a guest or a subordinate. 

Funny you should mention the Sun rotating around the earth. There is a clock, I think in Venice Italy built several hundred years ago, displaying that same celestial meme. So stupidity isn't a patent owned by Islam.

I hope you don't view this as "too childish" or "hippie stuff", but I literally believe that peace begins from the inside out, the individual must try to kick all the aggression and bigotry from their insides; and then the 7 billion will work that utopia into existence.

If everybody just cared about themselves; and became "selfish" in a healthy way, then change will happen to the best. Imagine if an atomic weapon manufacturer thought carefully about the damage he is inflicting on himself and on his people. Maybe the weapon won't be developed in the first place that way.

If we cared about our well-being; we will know that what goes around always come back around: even physics say that.

I don't see disbelief as the way to achieve that. A person must have a code of ethics; code of "morals" if we were to say. The trial and error are the reason our world is so corrupted. Personally: I think we'll never achieve that utopia,

With all due respect, IMO, there is no "one" way to possess a code of ethics or code of morals.  For example, there are plenty of forum members here who are quite secular and who are also quite moral/ ethical/peaceful.  Perhaps an effective starting point in promoting peace (individual, collective, etc.) is to develop the self-discipline to challenge one's preconceptions and engage difference with inquiry/curiosity.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A good argument for God's existence (long but worth it) - by Kernel Sohcahtoa - September 4, 2017 at 3:57 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proving the Existence of a First Cause Muhammad Rizvi 3 770 June 23, 2023 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The existence of God smithd 314 19972 November 23, 2022 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Veridican Argument for the Existence of God The Veridican 14 1728 January 16, 2022 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  A 'proof' of God's existence - free will mrj 54 6318 August 9, 2020 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Sal
  Best arguments for or against God's existence mcc1789 22 2815 May 22, 2019 at 9:16 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Argument Against God's Existence From God's Imperfect Choice Edwardo Piet 53 8066 June 4, 2018 at 2:06 pm
  The Objective Moral Values Argument AGAINST The Existence Of God Edwardo Piet 58 13853 May 2, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Why the vision argument is a very good one! Mystic 72 7765 April 22, 2018 at 12:11 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Berkeley's argument for the existence of God FlatAssembler 130 13270 April 1, 2018 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Can somebody give me a good argument in favor of objective morality? Aegon 19 4450 March 14, 2018 at 6:42 pm