Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excuse me bartender, can you spare me a game?
RE: Excuse me bartender, can you spare me a game?
I agree that you did the right thing by walking out. Nothing wrong with making your point known by hurting the owners pocket. And no, I don't think you should just ignore Trump when he says things that you take issue with, or that you should just laugh it off. Trump is an evil man with too much power, so of course he should not be ignored, but the bar owner isn't an extremely powerful person, nor is he causing much harm in the real world by not turning his TV to a certain channel.

How do I propose you watch the games? I don't know. Maybe this is just a sacrifice that you will have to make. Maybe this can be your way of supporting the kneeling players. They knelt, which meant that the bar owner stopped playing the games, which in turn means that you can no longer watch your team play. Just think of it this way. You are sacrificing the entertainment you got from watching the games, in order to support the players protest. Seems like a fair trade off since like you said, it is just a game afterall, and things like people hurting and suffering injustice is far more important than some game.

Messages In This Thread
Excuse me bartender, can you spare me a game? - by Brian37 - November 5, 2017 at 7:29 pm
RE: Excuse me bartender, can you spare me a game? - by FFaith - November 7, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please Sir, can you spare a win? Brian37 64 6117 December 22, 2019 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Brian37