Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 2, 2024, 9:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghosties, ghoulies, and things that go "bump".
RE: Ghosties, ghoulies, and things that go "bump".
(November 9, 2017 at 4:14 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Yer Mum.  Angel

Nah.  When Mam wanted something put back, it was more like, 'WHO DA FECK LEFT DERE FECKING SHOES ON DA FECKING SOFA!?'

When I was grown, she revealed a trick she used to use on us, that we'd never caught on to.  We had a two story house, and whenever she'd hear a loud bang or thud from upstairs, she'd call out, 'Oi, you!  Pick up yer trousers!'  With six boys in the house, it was a fair bet that whoever made the thud had at least one pair of trousies on the floor, and picking them up would distract that person from whatever they were doing that was making the racket.

Innit amazing...the older we get, the smarter our parents become.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ghosties, ghoulies, and things that go "bump". - by GUBU - November 9, 2017 at 10:49 am
RE: Ghosties, ghoulies, and things that go "bump". - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - November 9, 2017 at 5:40 pm
RE: Ghosties, ghoulies, and things that go "bump". - by chimp3 - December 21, 2017 at 10:05 pm
RE: Ghosties, ghoulies, and things that go "bump". - by Haipule - December 22, 2017 at 12:17 am