Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
CL I came here with a bit of a chip on my shoulder and got it knocked off, not by any of the atheist, but by God who worked through a few of them to show me I needed to stop what I was doing and to do as I should, what I am suppose to be doing is giving a clear message to those who are questioning either their Christian life or atheist life. Those people are not for me to determine, God sends them when it is an appropriate time, His choosing not mine nor theirs. Nearly 100% of them will be those who peep in to see what's going on here, and see if they can find an answer to their indecision. I like the rest of us let some of the regular members distract from our mission, it's a natural reaction when we should be reacting spiritually. To be honest I personally do not see much hope for most of the regular atheist here but, then I'm not God and have no idea of what His plan for them is. God uses all people in His purpose, believer and none believer alike and I'm an example of that as I stated at the beginning. What I mean about I'm an example is that God used atheist to put me on a right track and it is one I stray from time to time. When I see no hope for someone all I have to do is look at Paul and Paul indirectly said, He was the worst atheist as far as Christ was concerned. When he accepted Christ he became the strength that Christians should  aspire to be like. With this said the ones I witness to will more than likely never have a face or name but they are people too people in need and I'm no more than a vessel for God to use in His calling to them and I'm more than fine with that. Now do I actually believe I am of no use here for the regular atheist members, no, some have made it clear that I have value here for those who will listen and those who have listened have said they appreciate my contribution in their life. Sometimes Christians believe our only mission is to convert non-believers, when in reality we can be effective with what God gives us to comfort people, will they understand our wisdom comes from God for them, no they don't believe. The important thing is that through God we have been helpful in helping someone God wanted to bring comfort to, and for us, to see God's wisdom help even the non-believer is what Christians should cherish and why because we know He hasn't stopped working with them and whether they want to believe it or not He is extending His love to them even though they have rejected Him, their creator. Thanks for the question CL and thanks to Neo for the idea of this debate/discussion activity for me it's already been helpful and I'm praying it will be for everyone else. I also think it a good idea to discuss A Theist's questions and I think that should come before we address questions from the atheist, which I'm also in favor of. One thing I believe we should do is vote on which questions they present, so we can regulate them as those things that are important, I'm sure some of the questions will be thing we have hashed over many times. I believe if we have a vote on them and Vulcan sees what we see as responsible questions will help him in deciding which questions to put forth. I think a simple majority vote would be sufficient and those who do not vote will not be considered as part of the total vote. 

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums - by Godscreated - May 5, 2018 at 3:30 am