Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
Answer to the above question.

Yes two ways. One if God explained/showed the need for change or a shift in belief (which believe it or has happened with with me through various experiences meeting a messenger and or a few 'Dreams/visions.)

I went from a basic misotheist to helping other to understand God better.

Two via God changing the bible, which happened in the late 1940's via the scrolls @ qumran where a series of OT passages were found hundreds of years older than what we have had before. the changes were minor as it shows that people are very faithful in transcribing what was written so long ago, but one of the major changes had us change one of the 10 commandments from thou shalt not kill to thou shalt not murder. for most this means the same. however for the jew the difference is to kill is can be accidental or it can be purposed command fro the state of God. To murder is to kill according to one's own desire or accord. to be filled with hate and or to kill to steal is generally how murders differ from being killed.

The way the law originally read meant no deaths were permitted which conflicted with the rest of the OT, and not it read we are not allowed to murder.

So basically theologically I can be changed if a vetted source of the bible get recognised and changed what I've been taught, or God can come and do it Himself.

Is 'science' a factor in how I will perceive God? No science is just another faith based instution that allows people choice in belief. for me to change my belief to science it would take far more faith than what I possess as I've seen and experienced far too much God to be lead anywhere by 'science.' Someone'es guess on how the universe works will never trump what I have personally witnessed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums - by Drich - May 14, 2018 at 10:02 am