Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 10:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the world needs and the best that can happen to anyone
RE: What the world needs and the best that can happen to anyone
(July 3, 2018 at 3:07 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(July 3, 2018 at 12:00 pm)jimhabegger Wrote: ... maybe I need to start another thread in some other forum, about ideas for promoting self improvement for a better world?

You can only change yourself. You might be an example for others but that's about it, they will have to want to change themselves.

I agree that it starts with improving myself, and being an example for others, but I see more to do, and there might be more than what I see. For example, learning to be a better friend to more people, learning to encourage and support other people who are trying to improve themselves and exchanging ideas and experiences with them, talking it up whenever and wherever I can, like I'm doing now, and getting more ideas from other people.

(later) Oops! I see that I already answered this. I thought I remembered answering it, but I couldn't find that post. Then of course, right after I posted this, I found the other one.
- Jim

Messages In This Thread
RE: What the world needs and the best that can happen to anyone - by jimhabegger - July 4, 2018 at 7:37 am