Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:12 am

Poll: Which religion is the biggest farce, the greatest affront and most demeaning of them all?
This poll is closed.
Mormonism
7.32%
3 7.32%
Scientology
31.71%
13 31.71%
Jehovah's Witnesses
0%
0 0%
Westboro Baptist
9.76%
4 9.76%
Some other Christian sect, please specify
2.44%
1 2.44%
Islam, feel free to specify a sect
9.76%
4 9.76%
Hinduism, feel free to specify a sect
2.44%
1 2.44%
Buddhism, feel free to specify a sect
0%
0 0%
It is a dead heat between .. (please specify)
4.88%
2 4.88%
All of them are equally batshit crazy
21.95%
9 21.95%
Every religion is special and beloved by God(s)
0%
0 0%
Fuck all polls and people who post them
9.76%
4 9.76%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is religion wins the prize for the most mindblowingly, bat-shitterymost of all?
RE: Which is religion wins the prize for the most mindblowingly, bat-shitterymost of all?
(October 8, 2018 at 5:23 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Going by this standard set forth in the OP: "But there are some religions from which it is simply impossible to imagine an intelligent, reflective, modern thinking individual emerging."

....I'll go with Westboro Baptist. I cannot imagine an intelligent and reflective person being one of those.

On the other hand, I have a close friend who is Muslim and know his family well. They are all wonderful and intelligent individuals, 2 of which are doctors. I'm sure there are many more like them.

I also have met a fair amount of Mormons since my husband joined the Air Force. There are many Mormon pilots and I've gotten to know some of them and their families. Truly wonderful, level headed people.

Leave it to the Catholic to ruin all the fun! Tsk! Tsk! I'm totally messing you lol

Some of my neighbors are Mormon and they are really nice. I don't agree with their beliefs, but that doesn't stop me from having a good relationship. They make really good Casseroles. One of my best friends growing up was Muslim. His family came from Syria a few years before I met him. The kid was probably more American than me. He loved hamburgers, baseball and camping. I also know quite a few Catholics. Nice people too!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which is religion wins the prize for the most mindblowingly, bat-shitterymost of all? - by Atomic Lava - November 21, 2019 at 12:07 pm