Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the next age? (i.e., industrial age)
RE: What is the next age? (i.e., industrial age)
(January 30, 2019 at 2:06 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: The next age will definitely be space age!

Based on current trends, either we will royally screw-up the earth, or turn it into a boring utopia (and then royally screw it up), so either way, we have to turn to space for our survival.

We are already in space age.

But if you mean humans actually colonizing other worlds, I think that is at least a couple of century away. In the meantime, advances in genetic, microelectronic and manufacturing technology will probably change humanity all out of shape.

Before we are ever in any position to embark on serious space colonization, we will probably all be deeply connected cyborgs where the concept of privacy and even individuality fade and perhaps disappear. Reproduction will be gradually less biological and more manufacturing. But even before we reach that stage, we will likely experience social upheaval comparable to original migration of rural population to cities at the primary stage of industrial revolution.

Messages In This Thread
What is the next age? (i.e., industrial age) - by Aegon - January 29, 2019 at 8:09 pm
RE: What is the next age? (i.e., industrial age) - by brewer - January 29, 2019 at 9:28 pm
RE: What is the next age? (i.e., industrial age) - by Anomalocaris - January 30, 2019 at 2:33 am
RE: What is the next age? (i.e., industrial age) - by no one - January 30, 2019 at 2:38 pm
RE: What is the next age? (i.e., industrial age) - by Alan V - January 30, 2019 at 5:03 pm
RE: What is the next age? (i.e., industrial age) - by Dr H - January 31, 2019 at 8:47 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Captcha - what next? zvi 9 2545 June 23, 2012 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Faith No More