Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the next age? (i.e., industrial age)
RE: What is the next age? (i.e., industrial age)
Well aside from food and water, I would say iron, steel (bronze perhaps not) and rocks . Perhaps we're in some weird un-named tool age. Other than tools maybe, communication would bring down civilization. If countries, cities and households were cut off, not just from the web, but from information transfer of any kind like (knowing what's going on outside your home or who's buying for what or how much should X cost to make or buy, bank transactions, radio, etc.) I think there'd be a very short time before panic overtook reason systemically. I think we could survive wiping out all electronics, with say solar flare or emp event) because it would shrink communication back down uniformly and obviously for everyone and we'd build up communities faster. If all communications though just stopped working and electronics were useless, there would possibly be be more resistance to relearning communication and hardening of lines of protection rather than communally coming together in the wake of a worldwide disaster. I think our delve into the interconnections of people has made us too fearful of being a lone man on an island and addicted to that connection. idk, interesting thoughts though.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari

Messages In This Thread
What is the next age? (i.e., industrial age) - by Aegon - January 29, 2019 at 8:09 pm
RE: What is the next age? (i.e., industrial age) - by brewer - January 29, 2019 at 9:28 pm
RE: What is the next age? (i.e., industrial age) - by no one - January 30, 2019 at 2:38 pm
RE: What is the next age? (i.e., industrial age) - by Alan V - January 30, 2019 at 5:03 pm
RE: What is the next age? (i.e., industrial age) - by Dr H - January 31, 2019 at 8:47 pm
RE: What is the next age? (i.e., industrial age) - by tackattack - March 27, 2019 at 10:24 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Captcha - what next? zvi 9 2541 June 23, 2012 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Faith No More