Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first D&D encounter
RE: first D&D encounter
(February 6, 2019 at 10:40 am)tackattack Wrote: I would recommend against  removing the conscience from any lawful player. That would make roleplaying a character very difficult and would increase side challenges to "why did you do that" which can slow gameplay and change party dynamics with regards to who gets the mic the longest.

I disagree. My character was raised in a lawful evil household. Think American Republicans.

She could flip quite legitimately flip to lawful evil as she reverts to how she was raised (the law is there to be exploited because if you stick to it then you can get away with anything), or chaotic neutral as she rebels against being told to respect the law.

I'm mainly doing it to troll the other players to be honest, unless I get any indication from my DM that he wants it to go a certain way, e.g. The god of murder answering a prayer.

The more I think about it, no adventurer in D&D is actually good. They're murder hobos going through dungeons, invading the natural habitats of creatures and killing them. My character suffers from imposter syndrome because she has a more highly refined conscience than then other characters and doesn't think she has what it takes to be an adventurer.

Messages In This Thread
first D&D encounter - by Mr.Obvious - February 5, 2019 at 7:46 pm
RE: first D&D encounter - by Peebo-Thuhlu - February 6, 2019 at 3:00 am
RE: first D&D encounter - by Mr.Obvious - February 6, 2019 at 3:35 am
RE: first D&D encounter - by I_am_not_mafia - February 6, 2019 at 6:41 am
RE: first D&D encounter - by tackattack - February 6, 2019 at 10:40 am
RE: first D&D encounter - by I_am_not_mafia - February 6, 2019 at 6:27 pm
RE: first D&D encounter - by tackattack - February 7, 2019 at 10:51 am