Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 3:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's in your baggie?
RE: What's in your baggie?
(February 24, 2019 at 5:29 pm)PRJA93 Wrote:
(February 24, 2019 at 5:09 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: It's a good thing I don't do drugs.

Same. My party days are behind me. It's a, mostly, empty pursuit. Some of it is very fiendish and sad, like with heroin, cocaine and meth and some alcohol. Some of it is sort of sanctimonious and self-righteous, like with the world of LSD, DMT, psilocybin (magic mushrooms), etc. Some of it is childish and trying way too hard to be cool: cannabis. Some of it is pointless: nicotine. Some of it is just to have a good time, like with MDMA, alcohol, ketamine, and some cocaine.

But all of it is, mostly, empty. It's an attempt to escape reality, sometimes disguised as a search for a "higher truth." While I do think there are benefits to certain drugs like LSD and DMT, I think, for the most part, using drugs is just a way to escape how you're feeling in the present moment. They often say in recovery circles that when you have an urge to use a drug, it's not really an urge to use the drug, it's that you're feeling something uncomfortable that you can't describe that you want to stop feeling.

But, if people are going to do drugs, which they are, I think they should at least use test kits like those offered by BunkPolice or DanceSafe so they have some idea of what they're putting in their body.

I tried grass ONCE.  I vomited all over my brother's rug, then hallucinated for several  hours. My brother and my wife spent the time giggling.

My thing was alcohol.   Currently 16 years sober .

MY cravings were for a drink, didn't matter much which. For economy I used to drink 5 litre horrible cask wines so popular in Oz

The underlying reasons seem to vary. I discovered in recovery that my alcoholism was self medicating for  chronic depression.  Now I take prescribed  medication, and function a lot better. At the time ,it was the desire to feel 'normal'. The amount needed to get there slowly increased over some years.s.

I've met a LOT of alkies over the years. Most seemed a bit flaky  to me. IE alkies tend to suffer from a range of psychiatric illnesses.

Messages In This Thread
What's in your baggie? - by EgoDeath - February 24, 2019 at 5:02 pm
RE: What's in your baggie? - by The Valkyrie - February 24, 2019 at 5:09 pm
RE: What's in your baggie? - by EgoDeath - February 24, 2019 at 5:29 pm
RE: What's in your baggie? - by fredd bear - February 24, 2019 at 7:19 pm
RE: What's in your baggie? - by EgoDeath - February 24, 2019 at 7:41 pm
RE: What's in your baggie? - by Shell B - February 24, 2019 at 7:51 pm
RE: What's in your baggie? - by EgoDeath - February 24, 2019 at 8:02 pm
RE: What's in your baggie? - by Shell B - February 24, 2019 at 8:37 pm
RE: What's in your baggie? - by Yonadav - February 24, 2019 at 8:16 pm
RE: What's in your baggie? - by Angrboda - February 24, 2019 at 8:34 pm