Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 4, 2024, 6:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question for the general populous about me personally
RE: A question for the general populous about me personally
Posts asking me what I think of them give me a lip twitch.

What I think of your claims are what matters to me, not you personally. People on line are not people I know in person in my face to face life.

I don't know you personally. I did know my late mother personally. I love her and she was my biggest supporter. She was a Catholic, I am a former Catholic. While she was a great mother, if anyone wants to ask me if I think they need a god, the answer is no, I don't think you do.

I hate questions like this because far too often it ends up the person asking questions like this end up feeling hurt, when you are not making it about them personally but the claim itself.

If you claim to be a theist, and believe in a god, any god, I take the position that it is all in your head. I love my mother too, but as much as I love her, I still say she didn't need to believe to be the good person she was.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A question for the general populous about me personally - by Brian37 - March 19, 2019 at 9:06 am