Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 3:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez
(September 22, 2019 at 10:39 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: Hey, guys! I've just made a video expressing my opinion about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, and about American politics in general. That is my first YouTube video. Though I currently don't have Internet at home, I was able to upload it when my mother led me to a restorant with her friend - incidentally the only restaurant in the town with a WiFi hotspot. So, I stored that video onto my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, connected to the WiFi hotspot, and uploaded the video there.
https://youtu.be/ES5hAc2fLWU
So, what do you think about it?

Early in the video you make a couple of claims, and I'd like to check where you get this information. 

First, you say that the Green New Deal will take away people's ability to use fossil fuels. Is this statement based on any specific policy proposals? Has anyone seriously proposed that gasoline, for example, will become illegal? Or is the idea just to reduce demand and encourage alternatives where possible? 

Then you say that traditional sources of energy will be eliminated without anything sufficient being done for a replacement. If that's true, it's of course a bad thing. But it also seems like the kind of thing anyone making a plan would notice and address. How do you know that one thing would be taken away before something else was available? Doesn't it seem likely that a plan would be phased in? 

I mean, as AOC has presented the plan, it is very conscious of working people's lives. The idea is to implement environmentally friendly changes without harming jobs. So any sane planner would make sure that people driving to work wouldn't suddenly lose the ability to use their transportation. 

It's still early days, and I'm sure that most of the specifics are still fuzzy. It's possible that much of what they're imagining is impossible. But your criticisms are very specific, and seem unlikely to be something they'd be planning on. 

For the record, I think most Americans want big changes, and would support a good plan. If it's implemented by a Neoliberal like Obama it would surely fail, because it would need to satisfy the corporations. It's possible that the corporations have so much power that no deal is possible, and capitalism will be unstoppable until we all die. But I don't think that's what most of us want.

Messages In This Thread
My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by FlatAssembler - September 22, 2019 at 10:39 am
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by brewer - September 22, 2019 at 11:46 am
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by FlatAssembler - September 23, 2019 at 4:25 am
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by brewer - September 23, 2019 at 8:23 am
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by FlatAssembler - September 24, 2019 at 5:45 am
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by Athene - September 22, 2019 at 1:33 pm
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by EgoDeath - September 22, 2019 at 2:57 pm
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by TaraJo - September 22, 2019 at 8:12 pm
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by FlatAssembler - September 23, 2019 at 2:12 am
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by TaraJo - September 23, 2019 at 8:20 pm
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by EgoDeath - September 24, 2019 at 7:20 am
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by FlatAssembler - September 25, 2019 at 12:40 pm
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by EgoDeath - September 25, 2019 at 2:21 pm
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by Belacqua - September 23, 2019 at 5:31 am
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by FlatAssembler - September 24, 2019 at 2:56 am
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by Athene - September 24, 2019 at 7:36 pm
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by FlatAssembler - September 26, 2019 at 2:55 pm
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by EgoDeath - September 26, 2019 at 7:36 pm
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by A Godzilla fan - September 30, 2019 at 11:45 am
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by FlatAssembler - September 30, 2019 at 11:00 pm