Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 6:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez
(September 25, 2019 at 12:40 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote: I'll watch that video when I have access to a decently fast Internet at home. For now, I can only use the painfully slow and expensive cellular Internet at home (you can't even get 4G where I live, the signal switches between EDGE and H+). Optima ISP has technical difficulties and is not able to add me as their user... for weeks now. I think I will abort that request and become a customer of T-COM ISP.

In the meantime, do you think I speak English well enough? My accent is not annoying to listen to, right?

Ah, that sucks. I have a friend who is in Bosnia or Croatia right now (I forget where her parents live) and I know she said she gets no cell service out there essentially, so she's pretty much off the grid when she goes to visit them.

And, your accent isn't annoying at all to me, but then again I grew up around Croatians my whole life, so I understand you without any effort. I often held full conversations with my friends' Croatian parents where we would understand little bits of what one another was saying and maybe had to have their kids translate the rest. For some people, especially those who are not used to that accent, they might find it difficult to keep up a little bit.

My hypothesis about perfecting accents in foreign languages is that if you are good at doing impressions, you will be good at imitating accents. Over time, through speaking little bits of Croatian, my friends' parents would tell me that my Croatian accent was perfect, even if I only knew a couple of phrases like "dobro jutro" or "kako si?"

If you can learn to imitate an American accent, even when you don't understand the words being said, over time, I believe, it will develop into an accent that comes naturally to you when your brain knows you're speaking English. So, maybe try to imitate the accent even if it sounds really unnatural or feels weird to you.

But, that's just my little pet theory and I have no idea how true that is or if that works for people. Accents have always been easy for me to imitate (I know a little Spanish, a little Mandarin and a little Croatian) and it always just came naturally to me, so it's hard for me to think of how to tell someone else how to do it.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.

Messages In This Thread
My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by FlatAssembler - September 22, 2019 at 10:39 am
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by brewer - September 22, 2019 at 11:46 am
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by FlatAssembler - September 23, 2019 at 4:25 am
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by brewer - September 23, 2019 at 8:23 am
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by FlatAssembler - September 24, 2019 at 5:45 am
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by Athene - September 22, 2019 at 1:33 pm
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by EgoDeath - September 22, 2019 at 2:57 pm
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by TaraJo - September 22, 2019 at 8:12 pm
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by FlatAssembler - September 23, 2019 at 2:12 am
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by TaraJo - September 23, 2019 at 8:20 pm
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by EgoDeath - September 24, 2019 at 7:20 am
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by FlatAssembler - September 25, 2019 at 12:40 pm
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by EgoDeath - September 25, 2019 at 2:21 pm
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by Belacqua - September 23, 2019 at 5:31 am
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by FlatAssembler - September 24, 2019 at 2:56 am
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by Athene - September 24, 2019 at 7:36 pm
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by FlatAssembler - September 26, 2019 at 2:55 pm
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by EgoDeath - September 26, 2019 at 7:36 pm
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by A Godzilla fan - September 30, 2019 at 11:45 am
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - by FlatAssembler - September 30, 2019 at 11:00 pm