Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘Submitting to my husband like it's 1959': Why I became a #TradWife
RE: ‘Submitting to my husband like it's 1959': Why I became a #TradWife
(January 20, 2020 at 6:00 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(January 20, 2020 at 3:49 pm)Editz Wrote: It occurs to me now that this might be (sometimes) a reaction to internalised homophobia/transphobia - you know, many suffer from paranoid nagging doubts of that ilk regarding their identity because they're "just not happy." Returning to archaic gender roles might provide a "safe" feeling RE that stuff.
Baloney. My eldest is trans and I have no problem at all with it. He single handedly got the bit between his teeth and changed the dress code in his all girl school. And I was cheering him on. Frankly, his single minded determination puts me to shame, and I am no slouch.

Governor of Tavistock Foundation quits over damning report into gender identity clinic

Quote:In his report, which was submitted to the trust’s board earlier this month and whose findings were first reported in the  last year, Bell expressed concern that the service was failing to fully consider psychological and social factors in a young person’s background – such as whether they had been abused, suffered a bereavement or had autism – which might influence their decision to transition....“I do not believe we understand what is going on in this complex area and the need to adopt an attitude which examines things from different points of view is essential. This is difficult in the current environment as the debate and discussion required is continually being closed down or effectively described as ‘transphobic’ or in some way prejudicial.”

Being a skeptical sort, I'm frankly reluctant to think it is possible to be "born in the wrong body." I am witness to the fact however that there is no limit to human error, as evinced by the existence of fundamentalist believing flat-earthers and Scientologists, for example.

RE the "getting the bit between his teeth and proceeding with awe inspiring levels of single minded determination" - there's always the Dunning-Kruger Effect to be considered. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%...ger_effect

Messages In This Thread
RE: ‘Submitting to my husband like it's 1959': Why I became a #TradWife - by Duty - January 21, 2020 at 3:06 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why, why do people do crap like this? Brian37 0 180 May 26, 2021 at 9:26 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Baltimore, MD - Husband and daughter arrested for murder of Jacquelyn Smith EgoDeath 0 426 March 5, 2019 at 1:49 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Like Father Like Son-In-Law Minimalist 1 352 October 14, 2018 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Looks Like The WLB Will Fold Like A Cheap Camera Minimalist 1 592 June 20, 2018 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Floats like a butterfly stings like a Bee Brian37 0 751 November 21, 2015 at 7:23 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Wife spanked by her husband over loan ComradeMeow 20 9857 August 21, 2014 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: ComradeMeow