Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] The Rehabilitation of President Richard M. Nixon
RE: The Rehabilitation of President Richard M. Nixon
(September 24, 2022 at 11:10 am)Jehanne Wrote:
(September 24, 2022 at 11:07 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I’m not sure that accepting defeat qualifies Nixon as a ‘patriot’, since every losing presidential candidate (bar Trump) has done exactly that. It’s just business as usual, nothing special. It’s like declaring someone a patriot for driving a car or having running water.

Boru

Quote:At the end of the Revolutionary War, many people in America and Europe thought Washington would retain the reins of power to become the leader of the new nation, or even king. When told by the American artist Benjamin West that Washington was going to resign, King George III of England said "If he does that, he will be the greatest man in the world."

Maryland State House -- George Washington's Resignation

Dafuq has that got to do with my post?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Messages In This Thread
The Rehabilitation of President Richard M. Nixon - by Jehanne - September 24, 2022 at 7:11 am
RE: The Rehabilitation of President Richard M. Nixon - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - September 24, 2022 at 11:12 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favorite US President Spongebob 42 3541 September 2, 2021 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Battle between Richard the Lionheart and Saladin found Deesse23 8 932 August 4, 2020 at 5:22 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A Neat Essay By Richard Carrier Minimalist 6 1895 October 13, 2017 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  Panel Discussion - Robert Price, Richard Carrier and David Fitzgerald Minimalist 0 782 November 12, 2016 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist