Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 12:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classical Liberalism
RE: Classical Liberalism
Wait. Where is it you live at again Void? Australia or someplace NOT American?

I have made my last post based on my *PERSONAL EXPERIENCES* with AMERICAN LIBERTARIANS, and what they have told me that they have done and plan to do, and you are saying that I am wrong on what I posted for my personal experiences?

Also, I dont have the time to nit pick every word, but I can EASILY point out where you have strawmanned my ass:
void Wrote:You aren't even that close, most of the American Libertarian party and other Libertarians in the country are fully appropriate in the use of the term
Strawman - if you bothered to read further ahead you would have seen that I said: "I am posting on what I have seen and heard from most American Libertarians."
void Wrote:You think you're helping the poor and needy? Wait until that happens and then come back and tell me all your keynesian bullshit was the right move.
Strawman built upon the idea keynesian systems will not work, because libertarians oppose any system that isnt libertarian.
void Wrote:To go from that to what you and Min have been wanking on about, "libertarian == tea party" however shows either 1. Complete cluelessness OR 2. Intellectual bankruptcy.
Personal attacks, especially since you yourself admitteded that american Libertarians are ranking with the teabaggers. I didnt need you to tell me that either. The libertarians I have spoken to IN MY OWN COUNTRY tell me they vote teaparty.
Void Wrote:You barely grasp the fundamentals of economics, some of those "basics" you don't even get right, so the chances of you understanding Free Markets is nil, which perfectly explains why your criticism have been straw-men, red hearings, "slavery" and blaming greed on Libertarianism.
Strawman. You have set up a Reverend Jeremiah who doesnt understand economics, even the "basics". Why doesnt he understand economics? Because if he understood it he would realize a free market is the only way..therefore he must obviously make logical fallacies
void Wrote:It's not just one fucking battle, some moves can secure more of the ideals than others, who cares if they have to go under the GOP banner to get more influence and ultimately further the cause?
Hypocrisy. You tell me that Libs are not tea party, and accuse me of strawmanning because of it. Then you tell me libs are in the tea party ("Sure, that is for the same reason as the alliance of small government conservatives and Libertarians in the tea party, the economic issues take precedent") and accuse me of strawmanning because of it. Then you tell me Libs are allied with the GOP and then accuse me of strawmanning. You have set a system where only YOU decide when a group is "allied" and the same, "allied" yet seperate, or completely seperate. If I try to point out an alliance, you claim I am equivocating and/or strawmanning.
voi Wrote:Let me make it clear once again, the Libertarians are in the tea party because of an economic alliance
Strawman. Your context makes it sound like I have NOT been saying the teaparty and Libertarians are in an alliance.
Void Wrote:Socially immoral according to who? You? The guy who thinks he can take whatever the fuck he likes in the name of enforcing his values? The guy who thinks he can tell other people what price they can sell their own stuff for if he doesn't like the price? You're the one who's immoral - Closet authoritarian. And now Reagan is the arbiter of morality? Give me a fucking break - Reagan was a Mercantilist, no wonder he didn't like Libertarians.
Equivocation and strawman - I clearly stated that Ronald Reagan said that and by ringing true in context meant that it rang true with the LIBERTARIANS at the time. Meaning they AGREED with him and voted for him anyways, and still continue to vote for the GOP to this day. They were insulted by Reagan and STILL voted for him. Most libs vote their economics, and their economics only. Strawman on calling me a closet authoritarian, I have pulled no authority here, I only mentioned history. Why in the HELL would you think I would like and agree with Reagan, or use him as an argument from authority?
Void Wrote:No, you are addressing your shitty straw man. It's not the Libertarians who have the wrong terms, it's YOU and your buddies who think ANYTHING small government is Libertarian. Don't blame them for being "American Libertarians" it's YOU who has it ass-backwards.
Strawman - You clearly admit that the GOP, TEAPARTY, and LIBERTARIANS are allied. I have pointed out that the tea party and GOP are socially authoritarian, and the libertarians are not SUPPOSED to be, yet you still claim I am strawmanning you. I have made it very simple. Most of the libertarians I HAVE MET AND TALKED TO only care about their economic position and openly brag about voting Republican instead of wasting their vote on their own party.

Argue

Look man, I dont hate you. I dont hate you one single bit. I disagree with the free market economy. You support it. Why should we go at each others throats over it? We arent even in the same country.

Messages In This Thread
Classical Liberalism - by theVOID - April 7, 2011 at 7:50 am
RE: Classical Liberalism - by Violet - April 7, 2011 at 5:09 pm
RE: Classical Liberalism - by Minimalist - April 7, 2011 at 6:43 pm
RE: Classical Liberalism - by theVOID - April 7, 2011 at 7:47 pm
RE: Classical Liberalism - by Violet - April 8, 2011 at 1:12 am
RE: Classical Liberalism - by theVOID - April 8, 2011 at 1:19 am
RE: Classical Liberalism - by Violet - April 8, 2011 at 1:43 am
RE: Classical Liberalism - by theVOID - April 8, 2011 at 3:32 am
RE: Classical Liberalism - by Violet - April 8, 2011 at 6:48 pm
RE: Classical Liberalism - by theVOID - April 8, 2011 at 9:49 pm
RE: Classical Liberalism - by Violet - April 11, 2011 at 7:30 am