Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My change to Atheism from Christianity (I'm 14)
RE: My change to Atheism from Christianity (I'm 14)
quote='Rhythm' pid='150616' dateline='1309484214']

[/quote]

We already had this discussion before you got on here. It didn’t go anywhere. I produced evidence that atheists would not accept for the exodus, they produced evidence against it that I wouldn’t accept. So I am not really going to open up that can of worms again.
Viewing the Bible as historically inaccurate is actually a minority position and really is not one you should hang your hat on.

(June 30, 2011 at 9:39 pm)Epimethean Wrote:

I am a bit shocked you even said this. I put Dawkins way above Hitchens. Sure Hitch is a gifted speaker and can make an occasional funny from time to time but that In no way makes him a good debater. He side steps issues, makes similar arguments in every single debate, and overall is just pretty weak. A classic example would be in his debate with Douglas Wilson where Wilson points out that Hitchens actually has to borrow from the Christian worldview in order to argue against it. Wilson made an analogy that it would be similar to stealing a car and driving it into the ditch and then saying, “Look your car is in the ditch!” Rather than addressing his point, Hitchens just made a “funny” with the analogy. “Actually I found the Christian car in the ditch.” The crowd laughed and the debate moved on, but when you actually think about it, did he even address the issue that he was borrowing from the Christian worldview in order to attack it? Of course not, that’s what he does, bobs and weaves. I am looking forward to seeing the debate between Lennox and Hitchens, I love Lennox.

(June 30, 2011 at 9:41 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

Every premise you ever put forth begins with the assumption that the Bible is false, so don't pretend that you are some neutral observer.

(June 30, 2011 at 10:39 pm)Epimethean Wrote:

What are you referring to?

(July 1, 2011 at 8:48 am)Ziggystardust Wrote:

Careful with Ehrman though, the guy refuses to debate other Biblical Scholars and Historians on his claims, he acts like a dishonest man to me

(July 1, 2011 at 9:23 am)Rhythm Wrote:

You harp on someone for giving an opinion (even though he did back it up with facts), but then you proceed to give an opinion which you have never backed up with fact (the that Bible is internally inconsistent)?

Messages In This Thread
RE: My change to Atheism from Christianity (I'm 14) - by Statler Waldorf - July 1, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What made you change your views? pulzar 29 8508 July 21, 2017 at 12:23 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  how to change from islam to atheist thanzi 21 4208 February 4, 2015 at 6:28 am
Last Post: Nope
  A journey from Christianity to Atheism snakeman21 11 5745 May 25, 2011 at 4:25 am
Last Post: Arcturus
  My Change Hopppppppp 16 8268 April 29, 2010 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: EggSpurt