Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Xtians score
The Xtians score
Chew on this, guys:

Quote:Armstrong International Cultural Foundation Announces Seals of Jeremiah's Captors Discovered!

Ancient Biblical Artifacts Make World Premiere at Armstrong Auditorium

EDMOND, Okla., Dec. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Armstrong International Cultural Foundation announces the world premiere of two of the most significant artifacts ever discovered in Jerusalem. "Seals of Jeremiah's Captors Discovered!" is an archaeological exhibition of nearly three dozen artifacts from Israel's First Temple period in the Armstrong Auditorium beginning January 16, 2012.

[Image: Seals.jpg]

Discovered by archaeologist Dr. Eilat Mazar, the artifacts include two clay seals, called bullae, which were unearthed only a few yards apart. According to their inscriptions, the seals belong to two princes mentioned in Jeremiah 38:1, a chapter that describes the princes' attempt to kill the prophet Jeremiah.

"It's not often that such discoveries happen in which real figures of the past shake off the dust of history and so vividly revive the stories of the Bible," Mazar said.

[...]

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/...29868.html
RE: The Xtians score
The tiny pacific island of Niue accepts Star Wars coins as legal currency. Take that as far as you like..lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Yawn.
And this proves, what?

I think it's cool because I love archaeology, but at the same time, it's not empirical evidence of anything more substantial than there were some people in the bible who were actual people, and not just made up, like Jesus.

(December 16, 2011 at 6:38 am)aleialoura Wrote: there were some people in the bible who were actual people, and not just made up, like Jesus.

...and all the others. These are the first personae mentioned in the bible for which there is now proof that they were actually real people!

That leaves only 2,896 personae to prove. Big Grin
Like aleialoura said - so what?

I don't actually care if all of the people were real in the bible, makes no difference at all.
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

Cue the claims of this discovery proving the bible to be 100% true in 1....2....3....
(December 16, 2011 at 8:07 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Cue the claims of this discovery proving the bible to be 100% true in 1....2....3....

Then a little math lesson is in order: 2 out of 2,898 is 0,007% true. I.e. 99,993% false. Imo that can be described as 'overwhelmingly false'.
This book (set in a sort of medieval/Renaissance period) mentions many real world places and events, but involves angels and gods. No one calls it "history".

[Image: kushiel.jpg]

This book mentions many modern events and places. No one calls it "reality."

[Image: Harry-Potter-and-the-Sorcerers-Stone.jpg]

I do wish the boy who played him was MY reality though. Daniel...when did you grow up?

[Image: radcliffe_the_woman_in_black_2.jpg]

When someone manages to not only find evidence of certain people and places in the Bible, but actually reproduce miracles and find Jesus (who has Waldo beat), then I'll be glad to hear about this kind of stuff. Till then, it's dusty artifacts.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Daily Show....and Poor Discriminated Against Xtians.... Minimalist 14 4087 July 30, 2015 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Exian
  Yep! Another query for the xtians. IATIA 17 3154 October 25, 2011 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger