Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phillip Davies Trashes Yosef Garfinkle
Phillip Davies Trashes Yosef Garfinkle
http://www.bibleinterp.com/articles/dav358019.shtml

Quote:It is only fair to point out that Garfinkel concedes the lack of fortified urban centers in the northern highlands, and therefore refrains from asserting on archaeological grounds that there was a “United Monarchy.” But there are no other fortified urban centers in Judah from the time he places the foundation of Qeiyafa, either. If this is the only one, perhaps it was either the capital of a geographical state itself, or even a city state. Before we speak of a “kingdom of Judah” don’t we need evidence of other cities that point to such a kingdom? Maybe such evidence will come, and as a good minimalist I always welcome new evidence. Garfinkel is entitled to speculate that it provides evidence of a Davidic “kingdom of Judah.” Sorry, I can’t see it. Maybe it will come to light. Meanwhile, let’s calm down. I want to hear as much as I can about Qeiyafa and I suggest Garfinkel read about minimalism before he writes any more on the subject.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remains of Phillip of Macedonia Identified The Valkyrie 6 1400 July 22, 2015 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Phillip Davies gives Yosi Garfinkle a scholarly Minimalist 0 1157 June 22, 2012 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist