Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New images of Saturn’s moons from Cassini
New images of Saturn’s moons from Cassini
[Image: PIA14910.jpg]

[Image: PIA14911.jpg]

[Image: PIA14909.jpg]

[Image: PIA14912.jpg]

[Image: PIA14913.jpg]

[Image: 610166main_cassini20111212-43_full.jpg]

[Image: 609569main_pia14579-43_full.jpg]
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
RE: New images of Titan’s moons from Cassini
Titan has moons? Isn't Titan a moon?
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

RE: New images of Saturn’s moons from Cassini
Oops. Title started out as Saturn's moon Titan but I added other pics and changed the wrong part of the title....
That lens flare on the bottom-most or a shepherd?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
My guess is shepherd. There's a couple of little ones in the second to last one too and all these were taken in the same time frame.
No comments on the blue atmosphere?
Definitely a shepard moon.
Nice pics, by the way. Did you use a telephoto, or what? Smile
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We have kittens in orbit around Saturn. Gawdzilla Sama 8 857 September 27, 2017 at 8:09 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Cassini's Last Days Clueless Morgan 26 6922 September 14, 2017 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Good news about Cassini !! vorlon13 19 2399 May 13, 2017 at 12:03 am
Last Post: brewer
  Pan; a weirder moon of Saturn vorlon13 17 2189 March 26, 2017 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Saturn vorlon13 24 3148 January 9, 2017 at 2:08 am
  Prometheus, a moon of Saturn vorlon13 16 2846 January 26, 2016 at 6:12 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Global ocean discovered on Saturn moon Cyberman 24 5213 September 17, 2015 at 11:55 pm
  New Images Of Pluto From 7,750 Miles A Theist 24 4782 July 25, 2015 at 2:50 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  View of Earth from Saturn Faith No More 7 2537 July 23, 2013 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The beauty secret of Saturn L.A.F. 19 6630 May 26, 2013 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: Terr