Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 10:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theists are Insecure
Theists are Insecure
Ever since the authorities in my country banned the screening of Da Vinci's Code due to an outcry from the church, I have always felt that the theists are an insecure bunch of people who are hanging by a thread to a faith that has no logic, no truth and just plain stupid.

This is very evident on this forum. Why would these theist sign up, in the first place, on a forum that does not share their ideals and beliefs? Why would these theists then take time out to read and reply to posts instead of utilizing the same time to pray to their imaginary daddy.

How many of us on this forum are members of a Christian forum? I guess none. Why? Because Christianity (or any other religion for that matter) does not threaten us. We know they are simply a bunch of retards lost in their own fairy tale world. So why waste time to sign up on their community and share our intelligence which is beyond comprehension with the feeble minded theists.

Same cannot be said for these theists. They feel so insecure that we know the truth that they have to waste their time to come to our forums in their desperate attempt to entice a few to their world where reality and truth does not hold prominence.

I feel sorry for these theists, though. They come here and make a mockery out of themselves.
RE: Theists are Insecure
I don't think it takes a genius to embrace atheism and not everyone who embraces theism is simple minded. Not every Christian has a problem with evolution and not all of them read the bible literally. Look at Bill Moyer on television. He is one of the most interesting and insightful people out there and he is a Christian.

Too often when we disparage theists we go for the low lying fruit, the young-earthers and so on. It is easy to point out what is wrong with the infantile, sycophants who call themselves born again. They abdicate responsibility for themselves and this world, putting all their hopes in something 'better' when they will be rewarded for their meekness. Yuk.

But you'd be mistaken if you thought everyone who is through with religion is especially intelligent. Remember, atheism is merely the recognition that one is with out belief in god(s). That's it and that isn't much. What are you for? What do you find meaningful? I think you'll find we answer these questions differently and some of us don't ask them at all.
I agree some christians do seem insecure, not surprising really that's a weird book they have.

I have come across some cool theists on atheist sites, they don't seem insecure. We are extraordinarily interesting people so I'm not surprised they come to see us, their fellow churchy times do seem a bore.

I don't visit Christian forums but other atheists do, choosing to only mix with those that think alike could be seen as cowardly, unproductive or easy.

There are the weird christians who visit, they don't seem insecure, just deluded, so deluded they believe they will convince us to love god with moronic arguments. These guys can be fun too, for a little while.
[Image: YgZ8E.png]
Forsaken Wrote:"Ever since the authorities in my country banned the screening of Da Vinci's Code due to an outcry from the church"

even though the Da Vinci Code is very historacally inaccurate as i've learned by going to paris, i agree that banning it is injust.

"Why would these theist sign up, in the first place, on a forum that does not share their ideals and beliefs?"

well i signed up to learn from athiests by starting intelligent discussions about certain evidences supporting their beliefs. though i find most do not support their claims.

"How many of us on this forum are members of a Christian forum? I guess none. Why? Because Christianity (or any other religion for that matter) does not threaten us."

well maybe you are not willing to open up to learn about other religious ideals. i've researched many religions, and having debates allows me to encourage myself to research my religion and others. i do not feel threatened by athiests.

"So why waste time to sign up on their community and share our intelligence which is beyond comprehension with the feeble minded theists."

do you really think your religious ideals make you smarter? that is a delusion in and of itself. religion does not equate to inteligence period.

"They feel so insecure that we know the truth that they have to waste their time to come to our forums in their desperate attempt to entice a few to their world where reality and truth does not hold prominence."

nope i feel your distorted science is wasting our resources to prove something that is not true. evolution takes what was observed and makes radical assumptions on that little data. often times athiests are faced with the question how does life come from nothing? how do building blocks assemble themselves and they always say "we are not exactly sure how life itself began."

"They come here and make a mockery out of themselves."

says the one who claimed all you have to do to refute evidence presented to you is to say "it's fake." sure....
I've been saying that for a long time, Forsaken, and I totally agree. I made an account on a christian forum a few months ago, but it was mainly to observe. I made a short introduction thread, announcing that I was an atheist, but not there to challenge anyone's beliefs. I thought it would give me some good ideas for christian silliness to discuss here.

I was bored within minutes, and haven't been back since. Besides, on christian forums, if you ask a question, they'll ban you. Totally insecure behavior. Not the behavior of a group of people in possession of the truth.

Aleia Wrote:"I was bored within minutes, and haven't been back since. Besides, on christian forums, if you ask a question, they'll ban you. Totally insecure behavior. Not the behavior of a group of people in possession of the truth."

though i have never been part of a christian form i would be interested in the conversation that took place on that thread. do you mind sharing?
Theists preach they must have absolute trust and faith in God's plan, yet all lock their doors before they go to bed at night.

Theists believe earthly treasures don't matter as God has stored up their riches in heaven, yet all have money in a bank's high-security vault.

Theists claim that as the elect and chosen they're cleanse from sin, yet their laundry stinks as bad as everyone else's.

Theists are insecure? Lying two-faced bastards poisoning young developing minds in schools is a far more apt way to describe their behaviour.
(December 30, 2011 at 10:58 am)chipan Wrote: "I was bored within minutes, and haven't been back since. Besides, on christian forums, if you ask a question, they'll ban you. Totally insecure behavior. Not the behavior of a group of people in possession of the truth."

though i have never been part of a christian form i would be interested in the conversation that took place on that thread. do you mind sharing?

Sure, I said "hello", and that I was an atheist, who was there to observe, and not to troll, and then I hit the x button at the corner. I went back once, and had about 5 or 6 replies, all very boring and stupid, so that was it.

Welsh Cake Wrote:"Theists preach they must have absolute trust and faith in God's plan, yet all lock their doors before they go to bed at night."

just b/c God protects us doesn't mean we should put ourselves in danger.

"Theists believe earthly treasures don't matter as God has stored up their riches in heaven, yet all have money in a bank's high-security vault."

should we throw away the blessings God has given us on earth?

"Theists claim that as the elect and chosen they're cleanse from sin, yet their laundry stinks as bad as everyone else's."

sure it does, however we wash our dirty laundry. you post a stupid metaphore don't be surprised if you get a stupid answer.

"Sure, I said "hello", and that I was an atheist, who was there to observe, and not to troll, and then I hit the x button at the corner. I went back once, and had about 5 or 6 replies, all very boring and stupid, so that was it."

remember what they said? or was it not memerable?
(December 30, 2011 at 11:19 am)chipan Wrote: just b/c God protects us doesn't mean we should put ourselves in danger.

What danger could there be when god is on your side, watching over you, and protecting you? If god can't protect you from a home invasion, then what kind of fucking god is he?

Quote:"Theists believe earthly treasures don't matter as God has stored up their riches in heaven, yet all have money in a bank's high-security vault."

should we throw away the blessings God has given us on earth?

Depends on which god you worship. And who said anything about throwing away anything?

Quote:"Theists claim that as the elect and chosen they're cleanse from sin, yet their laundry stinks as bad as everyone else's."

sure it does, however we wash our dirty laundry. you post a stupid metaphore don't be surprised if you get a stupid answer.

You don't even know how to spell the word 'metaphor', so we're not surprised that you gave a stupid answer.

Quote:"Sure, I said "hello", and that I was an atheist, who was there to observe, and not to troll, and then I hit the x button at the corner. I went back once, and had about 5 or 6 replies, all very boring and stupid, so that was it."

remember what they said? or was it not memerable?

It wasn't memorable. Just a bunch of greetings.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions for theists (and ex-theists, too) Longhorn 15 4889 April 23, 2015 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: orangebox21
  Theists: What makes your claims right and the claims of other theists wrong? Ryantology 29 8174 March 21, 2014 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  Are theists by nature simply insecure? Darwinian 43 17417 August 25, 2009 at 4:35 am
Last Post: theVOID