Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweden recognises Kopimism
Quote:A "church" whose central tenet is the right to file-share has been formally recognised by the Swedish government.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16424659

What the hell am I reading? A religion of plagiarism or piracy? Someone please explain this to me. The church holds CTRL+C and CTRL+V shortcuts for copy and paste on our keyboards as "sacred symbols".

Are these guys cyber monks or something? Confused

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-l6W4v4i5w
RE: Sweden recognises Kopimism
Probably to get a tax exemption and to exercise their right to freedom of religion. Basically what the RC church, the Baptists, Morons, Muslims, Hindus, Scientology, the WBC, and every other church and sect does
I wonder if they fry a motherboard every so often as a "sacrifice?"
Does anybody know where I can apply?
Could come in handy.
Yup.... people will make a "religion" out of anything
ROFLOL
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Computers actually exist though....which is a step up over all this jesus shit.
(January 6, 2012 at 12:10 am)Minimalist Wrote: Computers actually exist though....which is a step up over all this jesus shit.

Clap Ohhh TRUE Sooooo TRUE!!
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
So is google their official god??
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(January 6, 2012 at 12:46 am)Zen Badger Wrote: So is google their official god??

Could be...would make sense eh??Wink Shades
(January 6, 2012 at 12:46 am)Zen Badger Wrote: So is google their official god??

One of 'm!
Beats the Xtian pantheon by a mile!
And Google answers when you ask it something. Big Grin
And when it does it doesn't speak gibberish but it actually makes sense! Tongue