Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And, of course.....
And, of course.....
Herr Von Popenfuhrer just named this scumbag a "cardinal."

http://www.euronews.net/2011/12/17/catho...e-scandal/

Quote:Bishop Wim Eijk was at the press conference expressing his regret: “The offenders are not the only ones to blame. The authorities are also at fault. They didn’t act properly. They didn’t take care of the victims or give priority to the victims’ interests.”

Apparently he doesn't think that he's one of the "authorities."

http://apnews.excite.com/article/2012010...IJOG2.html

Quote:The 18 new cardinals under 80 are:

Santos Abril y Castello, (Spanish), Archpriest of the Basilica of St. Mary Major

George Alencherry, (Indian), Major Archbishop of the Syro-Malabar Church in India

Giuseppe Bertello, (Italian), President of the Government of the Vatican City State

Giuseppe Bettori, (Italian), Archbishop of Florence

Joao Braz de Aviz, (Brazil), Prefect of the Congregation for Religious

Domenico Calcagno, (Italian), President of the Apostolic Patrimony of the Holy See

Francesco Coccopalmerio, (Italian), President of the Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts

Thomas Collins, (Canadian), Archbishop of Toronto

Timothy Dolan, (United States) Archbishop of New York

Dominik Duka, (Czech), Archbishop of Prague

Wim Eijk, (Dutch), Archbishop of Utrecht

Fernando Filoni, (Italian), Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples

Antonio Maria Veglio, (Italian), President of the Pontifical Council for Migrants and Refugees

Manuel Monteiro de Castro, (Portuguese), Major Penitentiary of the Apostolic Penitentiary

Edwin O'Brien, (United States), Grand Master of the Order of the Holy Sepulchre

John Tong Hon, (Chinese), Bishop of Hong Kong

Giuseppe Versaldi, (Italian), President of the Prefecture for the Economic Affairs of the Holy See

Rainer Maria Woelki, (German), Archbishop of Berlin
RE: And, of course.....
The catholic church loves to give praise to their criminals... Oh, wait a minute, they are all criminals.
Cunt
Bloody f***in hell!! I agree with Billy Connolly, the WORLDWIDE spread of sex abuse by Catholic priests should be a United Nations issue!
~*~Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does ~*~

~*~Live a good life. If there are Gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are Gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no Gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones - Marcus Aurelius~*~
(January 6, 2012 at 3:39 pm)frankiej Wrote: The catholic church loves to give praise to their criminals... Oh, wait a minute, they are all criminals.

I was going to say that's not true,that I know quite few priests who are not criminals.

The truth is I DO know quite a few priests I have no reason to suspect of criminal behaviour. They SEEM like perfectly good decent men.BUT I have no way of knowing for a fact if they are criminals.Pretty sure most priests who went around buggering little boys were/are not suspected by their flocks either.(a wonderfully apt metaphor;sheep are easily led and sublimely stupid))

However,without evidence, I'm obliged to give them the benefit of the doubt (that's called 'the presumption of innocence') Thinking

"Every pulpit is a pillory, in which stands a hired culprit, defending the justice of his own imprisonment." -- Robert Ingersoll, Individuality, 1873

Little has changed since Col Ingersoll's day it seems, except that the crimes undoubtedly are far worse than any he could have had in mind.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Quote:I was going to say that's not true,that I know quite few priests who are not criminals.

That isn't the problem with them though, Pad. Its a small club and I find it hard - okay, impossible - to believe that even the ones who weren't fucking children did not know what was going on. People are never as discreet as they think they are.

Their crime is remaining silent in the face of this outrage.
Just when they start dying off... They have to go make more don't they? Fuck!
I'm honestly at the point to where I'm surprised that the priests/cardinals don't just come out and say:

"Well it's the children's fault for dressing so sexy."

But they're getting closer with each press release.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
To finish his twisted statement:

"The authorities are also at fault. They didn’t act properly. They didn’t take care of the victims or give priority to the victims’ interests. They didn't anticipate we would cover up any child abuse scandal."
(January 7, 2012 at 4:01 pm)TheDarkestOfAngels Wrote: I'm honestly at the point to where I'm surprised that the priests/cardinals don't just come out and say:

"Well it's the children's fault for dressing so sexy."

But they're getting closer with each press release.

Oh they've already played that card:

Tenerife Catholic bishop blames child abuse on the children

Cleric 'blamed teenage victim'

'Sexually harassed' - by 4-year-old girl

Also I seem to remember something about this "blame the victim" excuse that was leaked from higher up in the church and the outcry resulting from it but I'm having difficulty tracking it down.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'