Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Mother
Great Mother
A study on the history of the concept of the Great Mother cannot but eventually persuade the researcher that what he is dealing with is the history of the Great Mother herself.

Joseph Campbell, in the West, wrote that the myths are the product of an immemorial imagination and Yaroslavsky, in the East, that the gods are just a figment of the imagination. Both, however, failed to inform their readers of what fantasies exactly was made up the figment the primitives imagined at that immemorial time.
Evidence points towards the fact that humans have been worshiping, for forty thousand years at least, a god-bearing woman.

Beliefs in deified elements of nature and brainless ancestors whose fullness of life seemed to stand in a direct ratio to the depth and range not of their rational thought but of their local mythology, as Campbell wrote, are but shallow and narrow thinking of prejudiced, uninformed scholars, sages and philosophers (Euhemerus excluded) since time immemorial.

Both theists and atheists believe firmly in the fantasies of their tutors. Confused Fall

You now have, Gentlemen, a chance to find out the degree of deception. Confusedhock:

The first part of the study can be found in a pdf file entitled Great Mother (Part I)
"Culture is memory"

Yuri Lotman

RE: Great Mother
I had a great mother once... It was when my great grand mother stopped being so grand.
Cunt
When you say "Great Mother", who or what are you referring to exactly?
(January 9, 2012 at 5:50 pm)Welsh cake Wrote: When you say "Great Mother", who or what are you referring to exactly?

You'll have to read the 4Mb pdf Welsh. As far as I can understand it...the Translations seek to define just what is the 'Great Mother' and how for the past 40,000 this Mother has been the source of our religion.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(January 9, 2012 at 11:34 pm)KichigaiNeko Wrote: You'll have to read the 4Mb pdf Welsh. As far as I can understand it...the Translations seek to define just what is the 'Great Mother' and how for the past 40,000 this Mother has been the source of our religion.

Well said, thank you!
"Culture is memory"

Yuri Lotman

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "This worm is your mother" Fake Messiah 6 839 October 10, 2020 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: no one