Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 5:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do You Fear?
What do You Fear?
JUST COME CLEAN ... Everybody has at least one. Some have hundreds. What are you afraid of?

I only have one irrational fear. Clowns.

However, I don't feel my fear of spiders is irrational since nature endowed us with those fears to protect us. Plus, the right spider can kill you.

So ... post your fear. What raises the hair on the back of your neck??

This is another one of my fears ... hopefully irrational.

[Image: Madame+President+Palin.jpg]

Angel Cloud
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: What do You Fear?
"Falling". Watching sky divers makes me sick to my stomach. Not scared of heights though.

Drowning too. Deep water makes me a bit nervous.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
My worst fears came true, and turned out to be worse than I had imagined,at the time.. Today,I'm able to accept the reality and just live my life.

My remaining real fear is of losing my mind due to arteriosclerosis,which runs in the family. I watched my father die by inches,over a decade.

I have an irrational fear of being buried alive.

I mentioned my fear to my sister-in-law,who is a funeral director.Her blithe response: "Oh you don't need to worry about THAT! If you aren't dead when we get you,then you bloody well are when we've finished with you!"
Now I'm afraid of funeral homes as well as being buried alive.Wink Shades

We have nothing to fear but fear itself... and spiders.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
I've done the skydiving and still do the scuba diving, think spiders are cool, never got the fear of clowns, despite Stephen King and John Connolly, but I am afraid of a slow, wasting death due to cancer. That, and how global politics have become-oh, shit-a clownfest!
Trying to update my sig ...
Drowning. I'm not too crazy about being attacked by a shark or other predatory sea life either. I scuba dive, go figure.

Oh yeah - and the big one: Losing my mind.

[Image: vatican%20easter%20crowd.jpg]

Stupid people in large groups.
You want complete honesty?

A man raising his voice to me. Not around me. There's a difference.

[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(January 11, 2012 at 8:28 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Oh yeah - and the big one: Losing my mind.

That's mine! Although, I must say it is not entirely irrational. I have a sibling with schizophrenia, grew up with an agoraphobic mother and have countless relatives with various and sundry anxiety and depression disorders.

I fear drinking after almost everyone except my now ex-husband. I don't even like watching other people drink after each other.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slKNd22GGaQ

And vagina.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  People fear what they ignore. Edwardo Piet 0 126 December 11, 2017 at 12:43 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Wink The question atheists fear! LastPoet 14 4131 June 28, 2012 at 6:08 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko