Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any suggestions on entertaining kids for the weekend
Any suggestions on entertaining kids for the weekend
I’ve got a new lady friend. She’s got a couple of kids. The youngest is an 11 year old boy the oldest a 14 year old girl. My friend works for the post office so she rarely gets the whole weekend off, but things worked out for a change. Both she and the kids are going to be off for 3 days this weekend, and I thought we might do a road trip.

I suggested Memphis. It’s not far, and they have never been. There is a nice zoo with giant pandas, the Pink Palace museum, the Peabody ducks, Graceland and other touristy stuff to do. They poopooed that though. Admittedly I’m having a hard time with an 11 year boy that doesn’t want to go see mummies and shrunken heads because I loved that shit when I was that age. Therein lays my problem. I’ve never had kids. The couple of women I’ve dated since becoming single after 20 years with the same woman have had older kids. WTF do you do to entertain a couple of kids that age?
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
RE: Any suggestions on entertaining kids for the weekend
I wouldn't leave them with a priest.
What you have planned sounds fine.
(January 12, 2012 at 10:41 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I wouldn't leave them with a priest.

Mary is Protestant so that wouldn’t work anyway.
(January 12, 2012 at 10:49 pm)Shell B Wrote: What you have planned sounds fine.

My plan didn't thrill them. Undecided

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8neWbRPMpR_Z8KUQr0R0...x-z3D-arYz]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHbZH46ve7_cgaCmBfYmd...W2xX8c8Qg2]
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 12, 2012 at 10:59 pm)Rhythm Wrote: [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8neWbRPMpR_Z8KUQr0R0...x-z3D-arYz]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHbZH46ve7_cgaCmBfYmd...W2xX8c8Qg2]

That was actually my original plan, but it garnered me no favors from mom.

Well, since they didn't like your ideas...

Kids that age can be difficult to entertain (and I think some of that is intentional).

Why don't you ask them if they have any ideas? That might backfire - kids that age often will give you a shrug and an apathetic "I don't know".

If that happens, I'm out of suggestions. Falling back to Rhythm's suggestion of duct tape and booze has merit.
(January 12, 2012 at 11:30 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Kids that age can be difficult to entertain (and I think some of that is intentional).

So I'm beginning to understand.

Quote:Why don't you ask them if they have any ideas? That might backfire - kids that age often will give you a shrug and an apathetic "I don't know".

That was Samuel's reaction. Mary Lou suggested Pigeon Forge. There's an indoor water park there. She wants to take a couple of her girlfriends though, and that shit aint happening. At least not this trip. Plus Samuel wasn't thrilled with that idea either.

I'd like to get Mary out the house for a little bit. She hasn't had 3 days in a row off since June. But she's going to have a week off later in the month and if we don't do something now we can try again shortly. Otherwise we'll just stay home this weekend, and I'll do some work on her screen porch which is in need of some serious TLC. Swear

I dunno, man. Your idea sounded great to me. I was into that stuff at that age too.

Maybe buy whatever new fangled video crack invention and sit them in front of it, and you go off with your lady friend into sexy land? That would be my choice for plan B.

The last part of plan B is mandatory in any event.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1649 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Road trip playlist - looking for suggestions Jackalope 20 1293 August 11, 2021 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Local incidents from the 4th weekend. brewer 11 816 July 6, 2021 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Nutella is for fat people and kids, right? Foxaèr 12 995 November 6, 2020 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Are parents allowed to stay with little kids if infected with covid 19 ? Megabullshit 30 1819 April 3, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Should poor people have kids? BrokenQuill92 78 5414 November 29, 2019 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  My Uncle Bobby Passed Away this Weekend Rhondazvous 21 1104 July 11, 2018 at 5:50 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Something young kids today will never understand Foxaèr 114 12600 June 2, 2018 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  You're not all partying on the weekend. Foxaèr 28 4120 April 22, 2018 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  All the cool kids are making questionnaires, so what the actual, am I right? c172 8 1076 April 5, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37