Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't go to Indonesia!
Don't go to Indonesia!
Because chances are you will be jailed for years (if you're lucky...)! Or beaten to a pulp by crazy fundie mobs...

Quote:Indonesian Man Faces Five Years For Atheist Facebook Post

31-year-old Alexander Aan faces a maximum prison sentence of five years for posting 'God does not exist' on Facebook. The civil servant was attacked and beaten by an angry mob of dozens who entered his government office at the Dharmasraya Development Planning Board on Wednesday. The Indonesian man was taken into protective police custody Friday since he was afraid of further physical assault.

The Salem witch hunts all over again.

And since you post here you are on their list!
RE: Don't go to Indonesia!
Let them come, we will meet death together and find out who was right.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
Makes you wonder exactly how many people out there are secretly atheist but dare not admit to it.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(January 22, 2012 at 6:13 pm)Darwinian Wrote: Makes you wonder exactly how many people out there are secretly atheist but dare not admit to it.

Would you if you ran those very real risks?
(January 22, 2012 at 6:19 pm)Rokcet Scientist Wrote:
(January 22, 2012 at 6:13 pm)Darwinian Wrote: Makes you wonder exactly how many people out there are secretly atheist but dare not admit to it.

I'd defend myself with bluntly objects for, of course, defensive reasons. If I'm in Fight-Or-Flight experience. I'm, unfortunately, not runner type but a fighter type.

But it wouldn't be fair fight against these many, uncivilized, ignorant fuckers. Yeah, these mobs of Indonesia should be punished.
On a more pessimistic note, I'm not surprised this happened in South-Eastern Asia, the whole general area needs a Reforming Revolutionary, Renaissance. Personally, I wouldn't go quiety if that happened to me and I sure as hell wouldnt be taken alive if given the choice to be imprisoned for voicing my beliefs or shooting me in the head. That or I run away from them and leave the country.
(January 22, 2012 at 6:19 pm)Rokcet Scientist Wrote:

..and that is why such a public show of extremism
My mate lived in Indonesia for a while, he said on the I.d cards atte your religion,i asked about atheism, he said nooooooooo, they don't like that.
Indonesia is home to the shittiest religion on earth; this does not come as a surprise.
And you wouldn't want to drink the water or fuck the women, either.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 7905 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus