Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Atheist Experience TV Show
The Atheist Experience TV Show
I'm wondering how many of you have watched the show called the Atheist Experience TV show based in Austin, Texas. Or if anyone else has watched any of their videos on youtube? They usually make a new episode every week and the best part of the show is when they have crazy theist callers. This show was a big reason why I got so into my Atheism a few years ago and decided to become outspoken and knowledgable about different topics which encompass the topic that I mightve never thought of.. or have heard around the water cooler. I get excited about this show is because I've been watching it long enough that I've seen certain callers call as absolutely crazy Theists and after a few calls end up turning 180 degrees to become Rational, Atheists. Or in the least being brought down to an Agnostic type position after being throughly Hitchslapped by the hosts, one or more times.

Anyway, Here's some videos for those who havn't seen the show. Enjoy.

RE: The Atheist Experience TV Show
(January 24, 2012 at 5:48 am)Hitchslap Wrote: I get excited about this show is because I've been watching it long enough that I've seen certain callers call as absolutely crazy Theists and after a few calls end up turning 180 degrees to become Rational, Atheists.

Does this ever seem a bit sus?

[Image: YgZ8E.png]
What...... that it is American or that it is an Atheist show from Austin Texas??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(January 24, 2012 at 8:49 am)The Magic Pudding Wrote:
(January 24, 2012 at 5:48 am)Hitchslap Wrote: I get excited about this show is because I've been watching it long enough that I've seen certain callers call as absolutely crazy Theists and after a few calls end up turning 180 degrees to become Rational, Atheists.

Nah, it's only two seperate people I'm recalling. Doesn't seem like anything anyone else would notice besides me. I only remember because I was watching the series backwards on youtube.

(January 24, 2012 at 8:55 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: What...... that it is American or that it is an Atheist show from Austin Texas??

Yeah, I was surprised that the show was hosted in Texas but apparently Austin is the most liberal city in Texas and has a big Atheist community. I think a show like this is absolutely needed in the US, 100%. There are thousands of religious hogwash on hundreds of channels and to just get one Atheist or secular show on the air is a great and overdue start.

And they still get religious assholes calling and saying things like "If youre going to sponser atheism and take money you have to be tolerant of religions and feelings" (when they are a free show and they are allowed to free speech themselves) and "Why ruin the dreams of others who do have faith and go on TV spoiling it?" using this insane kind of psuedo-persecution as they literally hit the hosts with the same intolerance they claim to be suffering.
(January 24, 2012 at 8:58 am)Hitchslap Wrote: And they still get religious assholes calling and saying things like "If youre going to sponser atheism and take money you have to be tolerant of religions and feelings" (when they are a free show and they are allowed to free speech themselves) and "Why ruin the dreams of others who do have faith and go on TV spoiling it?" using this insane kind of psuedo-persecution as they literally hit the hosts with the same intolerance they claim to be suffering.

Yeah, just like whenever atheists put up a billboard somewhere, you always see Christians whining about "Why do atheists need a billboard?" As if Christians really need thousands of religious billboards across the country. I think Christians just get upset over this because they see their stranglehold on American society slowly slipping away.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
I've watched loads of their videos on Youtube. Jeff Dee can be an asshole sometimes but he's rarely wrong.
(January 24, 2012 at 8:49 am)The Magic Pudding Wrote:

There is one particular guy who calls in as 'Mark' though occasionally with similar biblical sounding names, once or twice under an assumed and astonishingly dodgy accent. He started out as a typical bible-thumping fundamentalist from the Austin Stone church (who incidentally claim, probably correctly, never to have heard of him) but with apparent doubts about his faith; and several shows down the line appeared to have made the breakthrough into thinking for himself. He has since been outed as a troll who seems to call in just to stir up controversy and when he gets busted he delivers a parting shot about the hosts being afraid to debate Chris Langan before hanging up. Apparently the chatrooms go berserk whenever his insipid tones are heard, everyone wondering when the hosts are going to recognise him and kick him off the air.

He also trolls the Atheist Experience blog as either Mark or ChrisLanganFan, prompting this response from Russell Glasser.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Yeah, I have caught this show-- by which I mean I watched a couple of episodes on Youtube. Tongue Seriously though, I do enjoy it, and am glad there is an atheist counterpart to all the christian TV and radio shows. I was very shocked when I found out that this show was from Texas, where they execute the retarded. Like foxholes, I thought there were no atheists in Texas.
"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

-Ruta Skadi, The Subtle Knife
Apparently Austin is a haven for atheists in Texas. Funny how that works with bible belt states. Here in Kansas, Lawrence (home to KU) is a predominantly liberal town.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Oh yeah, I watch it...on and off

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frustrating Atheist Experience zwanzig 5 1246 July 18, 2021 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Could this exciting 2019 comedy show about God, concern artificial intelligence? blue grey brain 8 1259 February 22, 2019 at 7:17 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  The Atheist Experience talk show by Matt Dillahunty and others Alexmahone 12 2631 December 6, 2017 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  The Atheists of Today Show announcement ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 17 3980 November 17, 2017 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE
  Experience of Atheists on Christian Forums Rhondazvous 29 6471 March 11, 2017 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Did anyone listen to atheist experience this week? Won2blv 12 4010 November 25, 2016 at 11:17 am
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  Atheists: have you ever had a religious experience and what did you make of it? tantric 110 17394 January 22, 2015 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Handling the argument from personal experience max-greece 14 4037 November 16, 2013 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Show of hands... swata224 15 2861 May 21, 2013 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The thrill of experience Creed of Heresy 11 2889 February 17, 2013 at 2:32 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy