Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi I'm Sponge.
Hi I'm Sponge.
Hi, I'm Sponge.

Just here because I was looking for an Atheist forum, surprised by the lack of them really. Here's hoping this forum grows.

I've had the luxury of being an Atheist all of my life, something which many people don't get the chance to be. I live in the UK, a relatively secular country I suppose. Anyway I'm not going to give my life story here, you'll probably get that as I post more. I'm 19 and my opposition to religion grows as I get older and learn more about it.

I guess that's about all for now but I'm sure you'll all get to know me better later on.

Peace
RE: Hi I'm Sponge.
Welcome along and hope you have fun here..
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Welcome to the forums! If more people like yourself register then we'll surely grow quite quickly! We've noticed an increase in people registering, although I did notice the other day that we've jumped from 5th to 2nd place on Google for a search of "atheist forums".
Welcome sponge!
I hope you like it here
I do Smile
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful with out having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it to?" -Douglas Adams.Heart
Pastafarian
I Evolved!
Yep, Google's what did it for me. I'm glad more and more Atheists are starting to band together rather than being a disparate group. If you own the other website that links here with the locked topics (atheistforum.com), could I suggest a total redirect to here rather than that? You might be missing out on a lot of potential traffic there (let's be honest, people on the internet are lazy).

But yeah, you're hogging two of the top spots with your sites now, let's hope that trend continues eh.
You surprise me sponge about there being a lack of atheist forums. RDF is pretty huge. The many splinter groups over the falling out over the off topic debacle are still around and seem quite popular, although they seem to be in a constant state of flux.

I like it here as there's meaty goodness not evident elsewhere on other forums. Adrian & the gang seem to keep a healthy (as possible Wink) reign on things.
Didn't know about RDF, never really stumbled across an Atheist forum before though, maybe I wasn't looking hard enough lol.
Hi Sponge,

Welcome to the forum. As Fr0d0 said there are quite a few atheist forums out there, but so far I've yet to find a forum that tries to keep things as focused on atheism and freethinking as this one does. A lot of them, including RDF do fan out over a broad spectrum.

Rationalia.com and HerdofCats.com focus more on the off-topic stuff as that is where they originally came from from RDF (as did I by the way).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy our little but growing forum.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Welcome Sponge, relative to Sponge Bob perhaps?
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
Welcome Sponge Smile

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator