Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ectopia Cordis
Ectopia Cordis
I was browsing Facebook today and came across one of those shared images with thousand of likes and appeals to 'share', an image with a baby suffering from the condition in the title, where the heart is abnormally positioned in the body. In the image shown the child's heart was actually outside its body (but still functioning).

The first comment was:

"God NEVER makes a mistake, he have[sic] something beautiful planned for that baby"

And the comment received 6000 likes.

i was disgusted. This person, and the 6000 people who agreed, believe that this child having to suffer with a terrible, life-threatening illness was a 'gift' from God. Well, this person has proved God certainly isn't benevolent. Maybe He did this for a laugh.
[Image: 2cor9lt.jpg]
RE: Ectopia Cordis
Such is the benevolence and self-righteousness of the religious...why are you shocked??

This is their standard position...they like to maim and torture...worse than Neanderthals really.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I wasn't as shocked as I was disappointed that even today so many 21st Century people are willing to sign themselves away to religious doctrine. Oh well, science will get there one day.
[Image: 2cor9lt.jpg]
Maybe no teblin... people are quite willing to see others suffer and rejoice in others suffering... many religious are "just barely out of the trees" if you like

I have no delusions of the cruelty of humans and theists in particular.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Quote:Oh well, science will get there one day.

No,it probably won't

However,YOU may reach the point of realising nobody is interested in your expectations,and no longer be disappointed by anything humans do. You may be occasionally appalled. Eg I was appalled by 9/11,but not remotely surprised,except by the imagination involved.
They do have some pretty disgusting ideas.

Jesus seems to have had his heart on the outside of his body too. [Image: sacred-heart-jesus.jpg]

Maybe some lunatic will soon claim that this poor baby is the second coming.