Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:09 am

Poll: Does her death deserve the media coverage it is getting?
This poll is closed.
Yes
10.00%
2 10.00%
No
80.00%
16 80.00%
Don't know
10.00%
2 10.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitney Houston
Whitney Houston
Just curious....
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Whitney Houston
Well, if Michael Jackson got his shitload of coverage since his death after being accused of Child molestation, I don't see why we shouldn't do the same thing for Whitney Houston.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Of course it did. It's not like anyone one else in the world died during this period.
I don't know and I honestly don't care. People die every day; apparently this person was famous, so apparently that means everyone needs to talk about it. Fuck that.
(February 18, 2012 at 11:51 am)Tiberius Wrote: I don't know and I honestly don't care. People die every day; apparently this person was famous, so apparently that means everyone needs to talk about it. Fuck that.
Alas, I looked across the Deatths in 2012 page on Wikipedia, and, for February, about the only ones I recognised were Ben Gazzara (character actor who played Charles Bukowski and Jackie Treehorn from The Big Lebowski), Zalman King (Trashy soft-core maker for Showtime), Don Cornelius (did you know Soul Train was still running until 2006? I didn't), David Kelly (O'Reilly from Fawlty Towers), and Wislawa Szymborska (Nobel-winning poet from Poland.)

Is it any wonder that so much attention went to Whitney Houston?

I wasn't even aware she was dead until I saw this thread. I would imagine there's at least a thousand more pressing issues than the death of this woman - or any celebrity for that matter.
(February 18, 2012 at 11:39 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: Well, if Michael Jackson got his shitload of coverage since his death after being accused of Child molestation, I don't see why we shouldn't do the same thing for Whitney Houston.

I don't see why either of them are worth the time of day.
Michael Jackson was a lot more famous worldwide than Whitney Houston, and was relaunching himself with an imminent tour. And he was the nuts for decades. No comparison.

Either way, the coverage has been ridiculous, I couldn't give two fucks about her or any Hollywood dipshit.
(February 18, 2012 at 12:38 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: Michael Jackson was a lot more famous worldwide than Whitney Houston, and was relaunching himself with an imminent tour. And he was the nuts for decades. No comparison.

Either way, the coverage has been ridiculous, I couldn't give two fucks about her or any Hollywood dipshit.
At any rate, she hasn't been popular for decades, and I honestly think that she wasn't that good a singer, just technically brilliant, like Mariah Carey.

I voted " no "....not because I have anything against the artist herself and I am sorry she died young.....she did die in true rock'n'roll style though!!
I resent the over-the-top media coverage that is given to " celebrities ". I believe the growth of " celebrity culture " is one of the great curses of the 21st century.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?