Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 1:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Violence is always the answer!
Violence is always the answer!
Just had to holy headbutt my Xbox again.

Seems that whenever my tech breaks all the tedious fiddling about does nothing. then when you go mental and start hitting stuff everything's back to normal.. Even if it does sound different after.

does anyone else find this?

I have holy headbutted 6 broke xbox's back to life (temporarily at least)
RE: Violence is always the answer!
(February 21, 2012 at 11:19 am)MarkOfEnglandshire Wrote: Just had to holy headbutt my Xbox again.

Seems that whenever my tech breaks all the tedious fiddling about does nothing. then when you go mental and start hitting stuff everything's back to normal.. Even if it does sound different after.

does anyone else find this?

I have holy headbutted 6 broke xbox's back to life (temporarily at least)

I had an 80gb Seagate hard drive that for the longest time I just refused to throw out. Every 3 to 6 months it would lock up whatever PC it was in (Linux or Windows). Segfaults, bluescreens, etc. I would take the drive out of the PC, hold it connector-end up & rap it once forcefully on my desk.

Then I'd put it back in the PC & it would work fine for another 3-6 months.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Occasionally my harddrive randomly fails. I suspect its a faulty cable and a bit of fiddling sometimes gets it working again.

What confused me is that giving the desktop a swift kick to the sides has a far higher track record than fiddling with the wire.

I recognise that this shouldn't be the correct answer, however, with the highest rate of success, what else can I do?

Its not always the answer thou.

I recall when I was a teenager, and having.. well, a bit of a tough time with M.Bison on streetfighter 2 on the SNES. One of my buttons was a bit temperamental, and in a fit of teenage rage decided that giving it a solid whacking against the table might loosen it up.

I don't think I'll ever forget that feeling of dejection as I held the crumbling remains of a snes controller in my hand while the game mockingly counted down to 0.

I always think of it when my temper is close to breaking point, it always serves to bring me back from the edge of anger.

Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
My Palm Pre freezes up sometimes when you take it off the charger. I rap it a couple times against a hard surface and it unfreezes. I assume it's knocking the battery back into some proper position, but it also feels good.

My car on the other hand...The 6 cd changer likes to skip for no apparent reason. I punch the hell out of the dash a couple times and the laser arm, or whatever it is, seems to jar itself back into place and stops skipping. Taking cd's out and putting them back in doesn't work. They don't need cleaned. I think the shitty roads around here just piss it off.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Back in the days of PS1 I use to tell it calmly that if it didnt work i would drop it from the window. Then unplug it hold it by the window put it back in and it would work lol Big Grin
Yep. Always works!

[Image: ThrowPC.gif]
Violence is not the answer. Violence is the question, yes is the answer.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(February 21, 2012 at 12:36 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: Violence is not the answer. Violence is the question, yes is the answer.

Unless you asked why they said yes. Then violence is the answer!
There was a sandblaster we had to kick the shit out of in school. Interestingly, it was in a combined Industrial Tech/Welding shop. I wonder why none of us bothered to actually fix it. Hm.

As for electronics, I'm afraid to hit him.

I walked into my ex's living room the other day to grab the stepson. He was on his headset with a friend and trying to get the tray open on his 360. All I heard was, "Dude, I just had to turn it on its side. I didn't even have to get a knife." I gave him the stern eye over that one.
(February 21, 2012 at 1:02 pm)Shell B Wrote: As for electronics, I'm afraid to hit him.

Electronics are the best to hit! You get that feeling of revenge, then the fear you broke it. Then your ecstatic you didn't!