Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 9:15 am

Poll: What is your opinion on marriage?
This poll is closed.
I am an atheist and would not get married.
37.04%
10 37.04%
I am an atheist and would only get married in a civil ceremony.
37.04%
10 37.04%
I am an atheist but would get married in a church or other form of religious ceremony.
7.41%
2 7.41%
I am an atheist and married - I was married in a civil ceremony
7.41%
2 7.41%
I am an atheist and married - I was married in a church.
7.41%
2 7.41%
I am a theist and would not get married
0%
0 0%
I am a theist and would only get married in a church.
0%
0 0%
I am a theist and would undergo any type of marriage ceremony.
0%
0 0%
I am a theist and was married in a church/place of worship
3.70%
1 3.70%
I am a theist and I got married in some place outside of a church/place of worship
0%
0 0%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Marriage Poll
Marriage Poll
Okay,

I was reading the marriage thread and though I'd set up a little pole just for fun to gauge overall opinion.

Enjoy!

Sam
"We need not suppose more things to exist than are absolutely neccesary." William of Occam

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt" William Shakespeare (Measure for Measure: Act 1, Scene 4)

AgnosticAtheist
RE: Marriage Poll
Where is the poll? Tongue
lol Tongue
You have to ask the poll to let itself be known to you and then it will appear....
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
wow - looks like the thread appears while the poll is being created.

Sorry guys.

Sam
"We need not suppose more things to exist than are absolutely neccesary." William of Occam

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt" William Shakespeare (Measure for Measure: Act 1, Scene 4)

AgnosticAtheist
(May 12, 2009 at 1:42 pm)Sam Wrote: wow - looks like the thread appears while the poll is being created.

Sorry guys.

Sam
Ah Big Grin
Unfortunately I had to choose, "I am an atheist and married - I was married in a church"

That was what my wife wanted at the time and my views were nowhere near as defined then as now (I have not been able to shake the feeling that the whole marriage was somehow "contaminated" or a sham because of it) ... on the plus side I would now say it was, "I am an atheist and would only get married in a civil ceremony" and in fact, it being my 25th year married to my lovely wife this year, we are re-taking our vows to each other with no religious component at all (and my wife wants it to be non-religious too).

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Cool Smile

It must be nice for you to, basically, do that extra ridding of religion from the marriage ? Smile

EvF
(May 12, 2009 at 1:57 pm)Kyuuketsuki Wrote: Unfortunately I had to choose, "I am an atheist and married - I was married in a church"

That was what my wife wanted at the time and my views were nowhere near as defined then as now (I have not been able to shake the feeling that the whole marriage was somehow "contaminated" or a sham because of it) ... on the plus side I would now say it was, "I am an atheist and would only get married in a civil ceremony" and in fact, it being my 25th year married to my lovely wife this year, we are re-taking our vows to each other with no religious component at all (and my wife wants it to be non-religious too).

Kyu

Congratulations Kyu ... 25 years!

also on the retaking of vows in a non-religious format! lol

Sam

AgnosticAtheist
Oh yeah, and happy anniversary (this year) Kyu! I should have already mentioned it.

EvF

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Poll To End All Polls no one 12 1031 February 5, 2019 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Troll Poll on Atheism ignoramus 2 499 December 17, 2018 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Poll: What To Do With Defunct Retail Outlets BrianSoddingBoru4 24 1898 October 30, 2018 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Bathroom Poll Foxaèr 31 2870 October 3, 2018 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  Poll: Is it possible to be both very creepy and very sexy? Edwardo Piet 12 2222 May 22, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Quick Poll: Do you speak more than one language? Edwardo Piet 40 4176 April 27, 2018 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Antares
  Another sex poll...4 or 9? John V 85 14663 April 19, 2018 at 4:25 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  For the GUYS only here... A quick poll... Joods 102 7101 March 8, 2018 at 6:52 am
Last Post: Joods
  Not A Poll: Two People Are At A Picnic BrianSoddingBoru4 13 1713 January 10, 2018 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Poll: Are you more or less emotional when you're completely alone? Edwardo Piet 11 1549 December 12, 2017 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: energizer bunny