Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doctors Drop Unvaccinated Patients
Doctors Drop Unvaccinated Patients
http://theness.com/roguesgallery/index.p...-patients/

Quote:I completely agree with the pediatricians’ decision not to see unvaccinated children. Having an unvaccinated child in a doctor’s waiting room full of other children, some sick, is downright dangerous. Both for the unvaccinated child and the other people present.

There’s also an issue of trust. If parents don’t trust their doctor’s medical advice on one subject, why would they trust them on another? There should be a high level of trust there between doctor and patient.

When and if I have children, this will absolutely be one of the factors in choosing a pediatrician. I want to be able to trust that my child’s health is in good hands, and what better hands than someone’s who is willing to give up a select group of patients for the safety of the majority of her or his other patients? I’ll be looking for a doctor who practices science-based medicine.

So what do you guys think? Do you agree with the decision these doctors are making? There is certainly an argument to be made for both sides.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Doctors Drop Unvaccinated Patients
I agree with the doctors. But mostly I'm upset that people don't get vaccinations for their kids.
Disagree completely. Unvaccinated children need doctors more than vaccinated children. If contagion is the worry, have unvaccinated children wait in a separate room.

I can understand why some would be supportive of this, but honestly, if decent doctors start refusing patients because of stupid parents, then those stupid parents are going to find "alternative" methods of treating their children. Unvaccinated children are in enough danger as it is without being subjected to more bad medicine.
Yeah, that's actually my problem with this too - I think it's more than a bit disturbing to see doctors refusing patients.
If the other kids are vaccinated, why would it matter if the unvaccinated kid was in the waiting rom?
Because if unvaccinated babies catch whatever the unvaccinated kids have...disaster.
(February 24, 2012 at 10:23 am)Tiberius Wrote: Unvaccinated children are in enough danger as it is without being subjected to more bad medicine.

Good point but its still risky for others.
I think the worry was more about the unvaccinated child catching something. At least, that's how it read to me.

Vaccinated people can still carry disease, remember.
There's that too.
Either way seems unnecessarily risky for everyone involved

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COVID cure for MS patients. WinterHold 10 970 January 18, 2021 at 2:12 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Mouse cloned from a drop of blood CleanShavenJesus 12 3067 June 28, 2013 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: HAL9000
  Cannabis can make patients 'less bothered by pain' 5thHorseman 19 5090 January 9, 2013 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: paulpablo