Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME not stocking ME3
GAME not stocking ME3
FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-0...s-past-ssx
RE: GAME not stocking ME3
Game are in massive trouble, and have been refusing preorders for loads of upcoming stuff and apparently have been asked to pay cash up front for stock - Yet another company that cant compete with the the online alternative. I think as soon as we had places like tesco start doing game trade ins and encroaching onto their turf the writing was on the wall
(March 1, 2012 at 4:30 am)Chuff Wrote: apparently have been asked to pay cash up front for stock

If that is the case then that is a bad sign indeed, it means the companies that supply videogames to GAME do not have the confidence that the store chain will last to get their money back.

Brick and mortar videogame stores usually make money only on the second hand games market nowadays, and a little on the pre-order launch titles, but not nearly as much as from the secondhand market (so much even that some game stores actively push for selling secondhand games). That in itself again is a problem for the game publishers and software houses, but that is another story all together.

It sucks for those that had pre-ordered the Collectors edition the most, I'm guessing that is where you had yours on pre-order Nap? Any other stores where you can still order the collectors edition?

Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
In portsmouth there are two game stores in the high street.
I always wondered how any street could sustain that.
Obviously it cant.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(March 1, 2012 at 4:42 am)leo-rcc Wrote: It sucks for those that had pre-ordered the Collectors edition the most, I'm guessing that is where you had yours on pre-order Nap? Any other stores where you can still order the collectors edition?

Yeah I can't tell you how fucking pissed I am. The good thing though is that it doesn't look like they were going to charge me £70 until the game was dispatched. So by the looks of it I ain't losing any money.

I haven't actually had a look for another edition because I wasn't sure whether this was for real or not and I've had a lot to do lately. Probably going to look around later tonight, if I can't find a collectors edition somewhere else, I may as well just slit my wrists.
(March 1, 2012 at 5:01 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: In portsmouth there are two game stores in the high street.
I always wondered how any street could sustain that.
Obviously it cant.

I didn't actually realise GAME was going through such a crisis until I heard about this, if I'd of known before hand I definitely wouldn't of ordered with them.
Just gonna get it from g-force. A lil independant shop near me
I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see.
Jimi Hendrix

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
Kurt Cobain
Amazon.co.uk, Play.com, Zavvi.com, ShopTo.net and Gamestop will now all carry the Mass Effect 3 N7 Collector’s Edition, which contains bonus in-game content, a fabric patch, tin-case, comic and loads more.
(March 1, 2012 at 11:04 am)Chuff Wrote: Amazon.co.uk, Play.com, Zavvi.com, ShopTo.net and Gamestop will now all carry the Mass Effect 3 N7 Collector’s Edition, which contains bonus in-game content, a fabric patch, tin-case, comic and loads more.

Okay maybe I was a bit hasty there...
Not on Amazon
Sold out on Zavvi
Not on Play.com
Not available on gamestop uk
And doesnt appear to be on ShopTo.net either

Looks like a massive cock up from EA too !!!!
The thing is if they aren't stocking it, and they know they aren't, why the fuck are they still holding my order.
(March 1, 2012 at 11:04 am)Chuff Wrote: Okay maybe I was a bit hasty there...
Not on Amazon
Sold out on Zavvi
Not on Play.com
Not available on gamestop uk
And doesnt appear to be on ShopTo.net either

Looks like a massive cock up from EA too !!!!

I AM SO FUCKING PISSED.
I have found it on playtime.co.uk

FUCK PAYING AN EXTRA 20 FUCKING QUID AREGHRHBGHRBGHRHGBRHGBHRBGONFDJL:JKNA{Z:|MASLKMF@AL:F:LMDSMVFSD?VFMKSMvfSD:VSD
Game? Did you order instore? I believe they are giving refunds + £5 instore credit for the inconvenience... I'd probably advise you to spend the fiver quickly before they go down the swanny
(March 1, 2012 at 11:35 am)Chuff Wrote: Game? Did you order instore? I believe they are giving refunds + £5 instore credit for the inconvenience... I'd probably advise you to spend the fiver quickly before they go down the swanny

I pre-ordered online.
Also I'd be grateful if someone knew if the collector's edition will continue to be made after release. So for instance if I could get it in a few months time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ME3 Ending (SPOILERS, do not click if not yet finished) Darth 10 5257 March 26, 2012 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Chuff