Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Megadeth supports Santorum?!?
Megadeth supports Santorum?!?
http://www.freethunk.com/

[Image: dave-mustaine.jpg]
Pictured above: cheese dick Christian and right wing supporter

I was listening to the evil NPR radio affiliate and heard a discussion about how Megadeth was endorsing Rick Santorum. What? Okay, it doesn’t surprise me since I’ve known that Dave Mustaine turned Christian some years ago, but is struggling to balance that with his rocker identity. But Rick Santorum? Apparently, Dave backed off on confirming he was “endorsing” Rick, but here are his comments from The Huffington Post article:

“… You know, I think Santorum has some presidential qualities, and I’m hoping that if it does come down to it, we’ll see a Republican in the White House… and that it’s Rick Santorum.”

Does Dave also support Rick’s stance on birth control? From Rick in a 2006 interview:

“I don’t think it works. I think it’s harmful to women. I think it’s harmful to our society to have a society that says that sex outside of marriage is something that should be encouraged or tolerated, particularly among the young. And I think we’ve very, very harmful longterm consequences to our society. Birth control to me enables that, and I don’t think it’s a healthy thing for our country.”

Now unless Rick Santorum needs to qualify this statement by saying that all birth control is not bad if used in the proper context (the marriage bed) he seems to be generalizing contraceptives as a bad thing. Women need to take note, especially Republican women. Mitt Romney may not be the greatest choice since he bends with the wind, but I don’t think he’s going to be this extreme.

Part of the controversy has to do with new government requirements to provide for birth control even if you are a religious institution–in other words, healthcare requirements violating religious morality. To compromise on this, an exception has been made and the burden of contraception will be shifted to the insurance companies who may not mind since in the long run it saves them money if women are planning for children they can afford.

Honestly, if religious institutions do not want to provide for women–which is what we’re really talking about here in terms of birth control–then so be it. As long as they’re not taking government assistance or affiliated with the government in any way and are completely private it should be their choice to stay in the dark ages. Maybe this will wake many women up as to how sexist their religion is. Or maybe, under Obama healthcare there is no option to remain completely private from Government? There will always be some government regulation. I can’t claim enough expertise to know how the new Obama healthcare laws will affect private institutions in that regard (feel free to comment if you know).

As a society, while the majority does not rule per se, birth control is no longer controversial. It’s mainstream and having to provide “faith-based” exceptions, even for the sake of private businesses, is appalling (abortion I can understand, but birth control?). It’s true, I may agree with allowing for exceptions because sometimes the free market has to allow for stupidity, but let’s call it what it is–appalling stupidity! Catholic women use birth control as well as other Christian women who find it is better to control their biology then let it run amuck. The only ones who tend not to use birth control are religious anti-abortion zealots and these are the people most mainstream religions distance themselves from.

As for Dave Mustaine, you can listen to his music for the sake of nostalgia, but his Christianity is hard to take seriously which also makes his music hard to take seriously. I would love to see him open for Santorum (who would have been on the side of the PMRC in the eighties trying to ban his music).
RE: Megadeth supports Santorum?!?
You take a mortal man
And put him in control
Watch him become a god
Watch people's heads a'roll
A'roll

----
Self fulfilling prophecy from Mustaine.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Yeah, I think its fucked that Mustaine uses classical anarchy for most of his lyric writing, yet supports all of this right wing garbage. Voting for Bush jr., thinking Santorum is electable, etc...

I never cared much for the man, but I love his music.
I never liked Megadeth anyway.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Top Chris Christie aide breaks rank and supports Clinton Kosh 0 441 August 2, 2016 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Kosh
  Do You Feel Sorry For Rick Santorum? AFTT47 32 3386 February 3, 2016 at 11:46 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Rick Santorum says gays are at fault. Brian37 28 4347 October 25, 2014 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Brakeman
  Rick Santorum wants a theocracy. Brian37 10 3358 March 7, 2013 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: Ike963
  Santorum Gives It Up Minimalist 15 6113 April 11, 2012 at 4:03 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Amazing Santorum Lie. 5thHorseman 28 11485 April 8, 2012 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Why people love Rick Santorum: Discussion Ziploc Surprise 20 6931 April 8, 2012 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Did Rick Santorum almost call Barack Obama a nigger? Tiberius 24 10629 April 1, 2012 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: 5thHorseman
  Santorum strikes again Tobie 14 6638 March 25, 2012 at 5:03 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Another hilarious Santorum palate cleanser LarissaAnn 5 2589 March 23, 2012 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Scarlet Pimpernel