Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Montreal
Hello from Montreal
Hi all!!!
Don't really know how to introduce myself, so will start with the basic.
I'm 29 and living in the province of Québec, not far away from Montreal (french by birth, so if my english is sometimes incorrect please try to be forgiving...). Father of two ( 4 years old and 19 months), working as a technician in the field of microbiology.
I was looking for a good place to talk about my ''faith'' on the net and stumbled upon this forum.
Fact is that i have always been a sworn ennemy of anything religious, but the recent death of a beloved familly member put me face to face with the problem that total dedication to atheism can bring (anyway, more about this in another thread latter).

Hope you will be able to help me, or more that you will help me find my own way of dealing with it all.
RE: Hello from Montreal
Welcome Madscientist, hope you will enjoy the forum!
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
Seems like good English to me Big Grin

Welcome to the forums!
Welcome to the forums Madscientist! Good to meet you.

Welcome to the forums.

EvF
Welcome MadSci ... don't suppose you're anything to do with the Mad Scientist website?

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Mad SCIENTIST website? Never heard ot that one lol! (Maybe I'll take a look).

EvF
Not http://madscience.tk/ at least cause that is one of my competitors.

Welcome to the forum mon ami. Smile
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Thanks all for the warm welcome.
And no, have nothing to do with any mad scientist web site. The only one i'm linked to is a french science forum that i created a few years ago and that is clinically dead at the moment, just can't get myself to erase it...
Thanks again, hope to read more of you in the future, think that i am here to stay a bit.
OK.

For info, Mad Scientist is here ... it's a great place to ask questions, it may take them awhile but they usually come back with a decent answer even if that is not much known.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5994 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3647 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates
Tongue Greetings, from Montréal! français 10 4165 July 2, 2009 at 5:22 pm
Last Post: fr0d0