Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Believe in Reincarnation?
Do You Believe in Reincarnation?
A: Do your believe in reincarnation?
B: Not this time!
RE: Do You Believe in Reincarnation?
LOL...not this time
Absolutely. I think I have a future as mulch.
Rhetorical Quetion: If you have the choice of either being reincarnated over and over again or to go to Heaven after you die, which one would you choose?

I choose reincarnation because Heaven sounds boring. lol But the whole idea of an afterlife is not really something one should concern one's self about too much because whatever happens, happens anyway.
You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.

Buddha FSM Grin

If the afterlife was an existence like it was portrayed in "What Dreams May Come..." I would kick it in "Heaven" or vacation in "Hell" until I was bored, then be reborn, whatever. I like the idea of an open source afterlife mutable by my will.
The only concept of heaven that sounds remotely interesting is "Valhalla."

The xtian heaven sounds like eternal boredom. Figures a bunch of humorless, colorless, asswipes would invent it.
If it comes to a straight choice between reincarnation and some kind of heaven-style afterlife, I'll take sheer oblivion any day.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(March 4, 2012 at 12:51 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The only concept of heaven that sounds remotely interesting is "Valhalla."

The xtian heaven sounds like eternal boredom. Figures a bunch of humorless, colorless, asswipes would invent it.

Im with Min. Few afterlives interest me, with the exception of Valhalla. Its no coincidence that I find my most favorite god (if you can call him one) is Loki. He is nothing like they portray him in modern entertainment.

The idea of a beer hall serviced by armored wenches for all eternity sonds a bit appeasing to me. But eventually i would grow bored of that as well.
Quote:But eventually i would grow bored of that as well.

Probably - but it would take a lot longer than sitting on some cloud with a fucking harp kissing jesus' ass for eternity.
I would want to be able to shapeshift and alter reality with my mind. I think then and only then would I be able to keep myself entertained for all eternity. If I wanted to I could also just shut down and stop perceiving for an eon or two if I wanted to. I think I would recreate The Neverending Story only with more focus on the Rockbiters, Nighthob's, and the guy with the racing snail. I would also go kick Morla in the dick.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You Won't Believe What She Looks Like Now! - Clickbait Thread Neo-Scholastic 14 2645 December 14, 2017 at 9:35 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  You Won't Believe What Happened Next.. Neo-Scholastic 42 5319 February 8, 2017 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  43 People You Won't Believe Actually Exist Gooders1002 1 1746 December 12, 2012 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot