Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 2, 2024, 3:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ask the Christian
Ask the Christian
Yes, Jesus Christ is the lord of my life! Ask me anything you want about my beliefs and I will answer you. Show me respect, and I will show you respect as well. Smile
RE: Ask the Christian
Oh my fucking sanity; not another, "Hey I'm an <insert descriptive word here> ask me a question." thread.

How do you walk and chew gum at the same time?
(March 5, 2012 at 9:49 pm)CriticalThinker Wrote: Yes, Jesus Christ is the lord of my life! Ask me anything you want about my beliefs and I will answer you. Show me respect, and I will show you respect as well. Smile

Bible tells you to give respect anyway. This is a really shitty way to start a thread but it is an excellent example of the way Christians cherry pick from the bible.
(March 5, 2012 at 9:53 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: Oh my fucking sanity; not another, "Hey I'm an <insert descriptive word here> ask me a question." thread.

Excuse me if I am out of line, I want to be helpfull and am obvously new to the forums. I just want to clear up any misconceptions people have about Christianity.
(March 5, 2012 at 9:53 pm)Phil Wrote:
(March 5, 2012 at 9:49 pm)CriticalThinker Wrote: Yes, Jesus Christ is the lord of my life! Ask me anything you want about my beliefs and I will answer you. Show me respect, and I will show you respect as well. Smile

Bible tells you to give respect anyway. This is a really shitty way to start a thread but it is an excellent example of the way Christians cherry pick from the bible.

The bible says not such thing. It says if someone is to strike you, to turn the other cheeck - thus IGNORING the person. I never said that if you flame me I'll flame you back, but I may not show you the same repect I would show others. There's a difference Smile
(March 5, 2012 at 9:54 pm)CriticalThinker Wrote:
(March 5, 2012 at 9:53 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: Oh my fucking sanity; not another, "Hey I'm an <insert descriptive word here> ask me a question." thread.

Excuse me if I am out of line, I want to be helpfull and am obvously new to the forums. I just want to clear up any misconceptions people have about Christianity.

Then why with your first post in this thread to you contradict the bible's teaching?
(March 5, 2012 at 9:56 pm)Phil Wrote:

Then why with your first post in this thread to you contradict the bible's teaching?

Excuse me?

The bible says not such thing. It says if someone is to strike you, to turn the other cheeck - thus IGNORING the person. I never said that if you flame me I'll flame you back, but I may not show you the same repect I would show others. There's a difference Smile

It also says repay evil with blessing you fucking retarded shithead. Stop your cherry picking bullshit. It isn't gonna fly with anyone besides Christian assholes.
(March 5, 2012 at 9:58 pm)Phil Wrote:

It also says repay evil with blessing you fucking retarded shithead. Stop your cherry picking bullshit. It isn't gonna fly with anyone besides Christian assholes.

See, now you're swearing and flaming. Do not expect a response from me until you show me some respect.
(March 5, 2012 at 9:54 pm)CriticalThinker Wrote: Excuse me if I am out of line, I want to be helpfull and am obvously new to the forums. I just want to clear up any misconceptions people have about Christianity.

Ok, good response, fair enough, how about this, just peruse our site and find things you want to talk about, then talk about them from your point of view. Or, you could start a thread about some specific issue or argument you know of that you would like to discuss.

To me it is exceedingly pompous to start a thread telling people to ask you questions, like you are some sage on a mountaintop. Seriously, step away from this thread and acknowledge that you have rethought your approach to our site and would like to proceed as an equal instead of some condecending know-it-all. It could save you hours of fielding vitriol from our members.

Welcome to the forums.

And welcome. Smile

I don't have any questions right now. Maybe later. Or, maybe I'll just watch what's going on in this thread.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89636 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7467 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
Wink 40 awkward Questions To Ask A Christian Big Blue Sky 76 35481 July 27, 2013 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Relationships - Christian and non-Christian way Ciel_Rouge 6 6349 August 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: frankiej
  Ask the Christian FutureAndAHope 249 60821 October 4, 2011 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I am an orthodox Christian, ask me a question! Jon Paul 603 379763 August 28, 2009 at 8:32 am
Last Post: Eilonnwy