Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I want to. But I don't want to.
I think I want to. But I don't want to.
I seem to have this incredibly lovely state of mind going, and I can't seem to break out of it. It's a sort of thing where I know all of my problems. I am aware of each and every last one of my shortcomings. Well, except for maybe a few minor ones, but the biggest ones that hold me back, I am well aware of them.

The worst, that I am aware of, is an outright lack of desire, or maybe even an antipathy, towards progress in my life. My life has been in constant flux. To be stable in any way is an alluringly complacent state of mind. I am unemployed. I am sinking into debt. I AM filling out applications...but not nearly as many as I should be. Nor am I checking on as many as I should be, either. I want to work. But...I can't seem to get the energy to want to really make the effort needed to start working. This is showing up a lot in my life. It can be a simple thing like doing the dishes or cleaning my room...to more important things like attending cooking classes. I know I need to; I'm never going to go anywhere like this, and I kinda need the knowledge.

I dunno. Like...I dunno anything. Everyone informs me I'm intelligent. I'm not doing a good job of proving them right. Oh, sure, I might have the capacity...but I'm not doing anything with it, nor do I seem to really be able to even have the desire to do anything with it. Maybe I'm intelligent, but I'm not smart.

Fuck. This is just another late night, rambling post and...shit, reading it I realize what a pussy I sound like. I dunno where I was even going with it. I don't know what I'm hoping to gain by it. Someone to tell me to shut the fuck up and hike my balls up? Someone to tell me I can do it, that they believe in me? I've heard it all before and it hasn't done anything.

No...you know what...I think THAT'S what I hate the most. I don't know "why." Why can't I want to actually do something, why can't I get the drive to make something out of myself, why do I feel burnt out all the time, why why why why FUUUUCK.

I guess I just wanted at least someone to hear this, even if nobody cares at least I don't feel like I'm bottling this shit up, cuz bottling it up clearly hasn't been working for the last ten years. I doubt this'll fix it, but...what else am I gonna do, right?
RE: I think I want to. But I don't want to.
Have you ever thought of seeing a counselor? Sometimes airing your shit to a stranger can be very therapeutic. If you can't afford it, there ought to be a one you can see for free.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(March 12, 2012 at 7:12 am)Faith No More Wrote: Have you ever thought of seeing a counselor? Sometimes airing your shit to a stranger can be very therapeutic. If you can't afford it, there ought to be a one you can see for free.

I've been looking for one that's free. Alas the most I can find are ones where they are discounted ones, but until I start working [myegh...] I can't afford even the cheapest. Once I start working maybe I'll go to one. Can't hurt, and I've gone through therapy before and it helped, so...
Quote:why do I feel burnt out all the time, why why why why FUUUUCK.

Actually, that sounds like a touch of clinical depression. Going to a doctor will simply result in them giving you happy pills. That just masks the problem. Finding someone to talk to first might give you a better idea if medication is the proper solution.

Don't go to any sort of clergyman, though. It may be free but they'll fuck you up.
For those with clinical depression and a chemical imbalance the happy pills do much more than mask the problem. They are not, however, the complete fix, and many other changes in life are required to really fix the problem. The big problem is that psychiatrists can't do much more than prescribe you medicine, and most of them are all too willing to do so. Psychiatrists aren't like in the movies where you sit on the couch and talk as many of them don't have the time. Most of them only monitior medications and do little in the way of actual therapy.

Creed of Heresy Wrote:Can't hurt, and I've gone through therapy before and it helped, so...

I find it helpful and still go see one once a month.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I think I may suffer from the same thing as you... it is called laziness or being a lazy bastard.
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's not that I don't like you but........ brewer 13 541 March 12, 2024 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  I cant help but think expiration dates in Japan are a scam Macoleco 8 728 June 20, 2022 at 11:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Don't be a shrimp. Ok, be one, but...... Brian37 100 6289 May 13, 2020 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Let me know how much I've upset you or you don't want me here. Foxaèr 34 5836 April 28, 2018 at 5:23 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  My anaconda don't want none... John V 104 14080 April 17, 2018 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Things you're supposed to like, but don't Alex K 191 24490 September 9, 2017 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Athene
  Birthday gift for someone who says they don't want a present. paulpablo 26 4025 April 26, 2017 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Real world example of "I don't even know what I don't even know" ErGingerbreadMandude 24 3859 January 25, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  What do men think? What do feminists think that men think? mcolafson 53 5835 September 30, 2016 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Don't think you're off the hook. Foxaèr 3 678 April 2, 2016 at 11:42 am
Last Post: LadyForCamus