Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi!
Hi!
Hi everyone. I've been an atheist for a while but i've never really thought to come online and join a forums about it. I usually use the internet to read political things, spread awareness, and things like that.

I'm interested to see how varied political opinion is here...I've read a few threads in your politics area and from the sounds of it there are mostly liberals here, with a few crazy people (no ofense!!). I'm an anarchist (you can tell from my name), which means I agree with most of what liberalism as to say, I just think that a lot of liberals these days support capitalism, which is a failed system that does nothing to help the people in society that need it most. I think it would b better if we scrapped the economic system and started again with a complete anarchaic commune (anarchy-syndicalism) where the workers manage everything and we live by simply helping one another rather than charging people for help.

Sure I'll be able to jump into the discussions and talk (and debate!) more with you all.
RE: Hi!
Assalaamu allaykum bro.

I don't like politics... but in the future I hope to talk you about the evidences for Islam and why religion is good for you.

Peace, and take care.
Welcome,
Didn't mess about getting into politics did you Smile

Lots of different viewpoints here, which make a good ground to discuss and consider other viewpoints.

See you around Smile
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Haha. I don't like religion sorry.

"Religion is the opium of the people" - Karl Marx (good guy)
(March 12, 2012 at 2:35 pm)NoMoreFaith Wrote: Welcome,
Didn't mess about getting into politics did you Smile

Lots of different viewpoints here, which make a good ground to discuss and consider other viewpoints.

See you around Smile

I like jumping right into things!
Welcome.
Cunt
Quote:capitalism, which is a failed system that does nothing to help the people in society that need it most.

Of course not. It was never designed to help the people who need it most.

Quote:No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the greater part of the members are poor and miserable. It is but equity, besides, that they who feed, cloath and lodge the whole body of the people, should have such a share of the produce of their own labour as to be themselves tolerably well fed, cloathed and lodged.

-- Adam Smith, Wealth of Nations

Anathema to the investor class!
Well it's a pity if you don't like religion. I can't help you really.
(March 12, 2012 at 2:53 pm)Niqabi Ninja Wrote: Well it's a pity if you don't like religion. I can't help you really.

That's a defeatist attitude.
(March 12, 2012 at 2:53 pm)Niqabi Ninja Wrote: Well it's a pity if you don't like religion. I can't help you really.

Classic Niqabi Ninja right there. Tongue

Most people on here don't like religion, but that doesn't mean that you couldn't help people with other things.
Cunt
I can help you help you with cooking rice and lots of other halal foods though. Tongue xDDD