Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 9:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The Price Of Atheism"
"The Price Of Atheism"
This was posted at another forum I'm involved in... a Hanson forum actually, haha, you guys would be surprised how many Hanson fans are atheists. Anyways, sorry if it's already been posted but I had to post it just in case. Sadly, this doesn't surprise me, it's Oklahoma... one of the girls that partcipates in our online community is from Okie and it is seriously scary some of the things that come out of her mouth. I am so thankful to be from the northeast US where no doubt most people are christian, but something like this would most likely not go on (i'll never say never, though)

[youtube]sTRDRP2n4Sk[/youtube]
Sorry guys, I'm an idiot and can't figure out how to embed a video, lol.
Cher

"I have no advice for anybody; except to, you know, be awake enough to see where you are at any given time, and how that is beautiful, and has poetry inside. Even places you hate" -Jeff Buckley
RE: "The Price Of Atheism"
It must be real tough to ba an atheist down there in the south of USA.
At some point, i find it difficult here in québec, where less than 10% of the population is going to church regularly.
When i say that i'm a fervent atheist, the worst i get is a small laugh.
It seem to me like this girl would have faired better telling she was lesbian than atheist!!!

Those people are, has they always have been, dangerous!!!
Wizard's first ruleTongueeople are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.
Seems as you say Madscientist, that it's quite dangerous in some parts in the US. Glad that I live in more free country.
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
"They are good CHRISTIAN kids."

Despicable. Just despicable.
~We, the atheist, in creating a purpose for ourselves where there was none, are greater than God himself.~

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Robert M. Price podcasts Tea Earl Grey Hot 1 1117 May 7, 2012 at 9:14 pm
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot