Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skyscrapers
Skyscrapers
Some time ago I created the thread Vertical Forest, in which city skyscrapers made use of trees and plants to improve the quality of life.

Recently I also stumbled over the winners of the 2012 skyscraper competition.

This was the first place taker - it looks like something out of The Tripods trilogy I read as a kid!

[Image: HimalayaWaterTower2.jpg]

[Image: HimalayaWaterTower7.jpg]

[Image: HimalayaWaterTower6.jpg]

This was the second place winner:

Called "Mountain Band-aid"
[Image: 22-Mountain-BanAid-0-600x396.jpg]

Anyone else see new architectural designs lately that give them pause?

(Awe in architecture is an old habit left over from the ex, who studied it in school)

Hmm...don't know why the other two images aren't showing up...but the link is there.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Skyscrapers
I can imagine one standing atop the holy mountains of Altai.
There, we would have a great tent upon the Gipfels of these grand structures, with the wolf's head flying atop.

[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Hey Summer, the nos. 2 and 3 don't show up here. Just placeholders. 1 and 4 are fine.

Why on earth would people want to build and live like they're on acid 24/7?
Give me an uncluttered seashore, lakeshore, or mountainview anytime! Not that Salvador Dalian convolution.
I know they don't, and I can't figure out why, and my work computer is slow as balls so I'll fix it when I make my other thread when I get home in about an hour.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Hey, wouldn't this be a good soundtrack to my avatar?

But I may be barking up the wrong tree here... Angel