Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me naow, or suffer God's wrathful noodle?
Help me naow, or suffer God's wrathful noodle?
The title got you here, admit it. Smile
Anyway, here's the issue.

I keep getting random 'static' or 'noise' on my monitor. Naturally, since it's a cheap monitor, I assumed it was the monitor. Instead, I think it may be more disappointing. You see, I installed my own PSU and video card both at the same time, and those were the first PC components I ever installed, so there's a high chance of error. I don't think the fault lies with the vga monitor because when I turn it off and then back on nothing changes, but tapping on the case of my PC clears the static temporarily. Sooo... ****. What loose cable should I be looking for? One from the PSU to somewhere, or the PCI-E connection, or what? No power cord connects to my GTX 460, that's apparently handled through the PCI-E 16x connection. Is it a failing video card, do you think? This really isn't an old one. Could it be because it's factory overclocked? I'm fumbling in the dark here, and I'd appreciate help.
RE: Help me naow, or suffer God's wrathful noodle?
Pray to your flying spaghetti monster for answers...

On topic though, I guess it is a dry join issue. Did you have something soldered recently?
Sorry, there were some inaccuracies. There are actually 2, 6-pin connectors on my graphics card. No, I haven't had anything soldered.
hmm. beats me.

Try posting in one of the tech forums and see if they can help out.